Houston Outlaws vs. Boston Uprising - FINAL

The Public Test Region in all purposes is a “beta server”. Bugs and technical issues are possible and can be expected when playing on the PTR.
The nice thing about consoles is that players should expect their games to be fully functional when playing, that is the promise of console manufacturers and why there is such a market of video games even in today’s day and age. Ever heard of the Nintendo Seal of Quality? It was an old promise listed in every product from the NES to the Gamecube.

Aside from connection issues for online games, consoles are really great tidy packages for most gamers. This is why there is console certification processes, and why the PTR is only available on the PC.

1 Like

Overwatch, Super Smash Bros, Zelda BotW, some indies…

Yes, it is good to know we get a polished product from the Overwatch Team, but still it would be fun to test out the new heroes and maps early, but I suppose you’re right.

I just wish we were able to get them on Experimental, but I guess thats only for balance changes.

yooo who do you main in smash??? i gotta know

Correct, Experimental is a huge step forward, but can only make changes based on the current existing game assets. For example, there is an upcoming balance change for Tracer that required new changes to the game’s map terrain code, so it can only be tested on the PTR and not Experimental.

Is that the one to do with Blink and reaching higher places?

I thought that was already added but oh well.

I do think experimental is a cool thing, and I love testing out the balances and changes to abilities.

But hey, atleast we’re getting a not-broken new hero! And theres only 2 more days to wait for echo.

So excited.

After Map 3

-
-
-
-

WATCH LIVE: YouTubeOverwatch League

hey what happened last night with the asian games?

That is correct. There may be other balance changes like this in the future as well.

Also can I just ask something about latency?

Two quick 3-0’s. Chungdu was being Chungdu… and Titans have too much rust after a two-month hiatus.

Final Score

-
-
Victory!
-
-

Final Score

-
-
-
-
Victory!

What is your question.

If I live in Sunderland, UK, what data center on Xbox should I use to get the lowest latency.

If the data center has something to do with latency that is.

The game service should automatically send you to the Versailles, France data center. (You can do a manual override in a Custom Game but not matchmaking game modes.)

Note on Xbox, your login authentication will go through a North American authenticator server when you first start up the game. So if there is any international connection issues, it can prevent you from logging on. (Same can be said for North American PlayStation players, as PS4 authenticates through Europe.)

Also, is like 60 latency on console bad?

Woah, that hold. I was thinking they were nuts for swapping to Ball to contest that and they actually won.

That is actually very healthy all things considering. Unless you live in the immediate area of a datacenter, most connections will range from 50 to 70 milliseconds.

Alright, phew, sometimes I get as low as 40 so thats good to know.

But I recently turned off the network stats as I feel it worries me over it getting higher and distracts me from playing, same with subtitles.

I’m deaf in one ear so its hard to hear footsteps and I thought subtitles may have helped, but it was just useless chatter and the word grunt over and over again lol.

I always keep the performance stats on to quickly look at if I think there is any technical issues, they don’t really distract me. Some players like Subtitles so that they can focus on more critical sounds in game. It really comes down to personal preference.

Charge beating Titans reminds me of last year’s first game against each other, and how they went to map 5 then. Charge looked so strong in that game, especially when it was goats goats and more goats. They have grown a lot since then.