Houston Outlaws vs. Boston Uprising - FINAL

Last I checked though my information is very old, the number of active players between PS4, Xbox, and PC are fairly even. Again, PC is the preferred platform for professional because of the ease of use of the platform in both a player and operational standpoint. Those interested in pursuing an esports career in games like Overwatch would take whatever investment necessary including using a high-quality PC. It’s also why Valorant from Riot Games is only going to be on the PC platform.

I wish people stopped giving console such a bad name, in my opinion, its really just the same game.

Yes there are some differences with things like aim and more, however thats just expected with a controller.

Its a shame that some games I find interesting end up not being on console, but I’m happy Overwatch is on Xbox and that Overwatch 2 will be on Xbox too, it is my favourite game to play by far.

Still, I can see why the pro-scene would be mostly based off of the PC platform and I’m fine with it, just would be cool to be watching players from my own platform lol.

Well looks it it’s going to be a long one again.

Don’t get me wrong, consoles are very strong platforms for traditional gamers. And traditional FPS shooters like Call of Duty uses console in their esport events. If you want to have fun playing games, pick the hardware you find that entertain you the most. I play games on PC, Nintendo Switch, and Mobile myself.

I was going to buy a Switch but I wanted to get a bundle with the new Xbox and OW.

Just to clarify, there will be bundles for OW2 and Xbox Scarlett right?

It is too early to say, we know for a fact that Overwatch 2 will be released on all current platforms. But whether the game shows up as a dedicated new game for PS5 or Xbox X Series is still to be determined, though I highly anticipate they will. I do believe the game will have at least “backwards compatibility” on those platforms. Blizzard games in general tend to be long-term played games overall. World of WarCraft is over 15 years old but still an active game, StarCraft II is 10 years old and still has a fully functional esports league.

I hope so, if not then I don’t know what I’m gonna do.

So its likely that I could still play Overwatch 2 on an Xbox 1 with people on a Xbox Series X?

Most likely yes. Also I am anticipating that Overwatch 2 will introduce full cross-platform play and progression (something the community is asking for a lot). But this is a speculation. It really comes down to the business deals that Blizzard makes with their console platform partners.

It’s just more that PC has better performance then consoles, like the next Xbox is finally going 8K right? PC can possibly go double or more then that. Consoles will always be far behind, because they are not customization, and such. PCs just have better reliance in that. Also Console has a horrible thing called aim assist, which ruins skill level based tournaments.

After Map 2

-
-
-
-
-
-

WATCH LIVE: YouTubeOverwatch League

I’m hoping for crossplatform between PS and Xbox as they are pretty much the same style of Overwatch.

Not sure about Switch but I think PC and Console might be really unfair, but PS/Xbox cross paltform woul dbe really cool

To be fair Aim Assist isn’t really horrible, its just to help people as aiming on console is harder than aiming on PC.

Like, both versions have their pro’s and their cons.

yo what games u got for the switch?

I agree. I have PC and console accounts and I personally prefer the console one. It is the same game with small differences in movement. It’s easier to aim with a mouse but it’s easier to move with a controller, so there are stylistic differences in play. I get that customization on console is hard, though, which is why PC gets focused on. You have to go through Sony/Microsoft to do anything out of the ordinary with the game on console, which slows things down and limits option.

Yes, sadly, I wish Sony and Microsoft were a lot more open so console players could have access to the PTR just like PC players, sadly they aren’t.

Aim Assist is one factor, though the advantage of mouse and keyboard still outplays that of controller with aim assist. Again though, PC is more preferred from an “operational” standpoint. In live homestand matches, the dedicated LAN client is really amazing… all of the player PCs is actually one big server rack with the monitor and inputs directly routed to it. Fun fact, many of the professional spectator observers actually control the camera on controller (its easier to make soft pans with joystick versus that of mouse).

Now PC does have more customizable options. Frame rate is everything in Overwatch, so for players to maximize frame rate, they will often set everything at low graphic display settings. This eliminates random non-critical objects from being seen in the map environment and makes it easier to spot opponents. Players train their mouse sensitivity to be extremely low (meaning you have to move farther to look around but you can intimately make precision aiming adjustments). I have a guide that details all of this here:

In short, yeah PC is a more “functional” platform for Overwatch Esports and that is why it is the preferred platform for all pro players.

By the ways, here is jerry meter that Wolf mentioned:

Source: https://twitter.com/somniloquizing/status/1249110279733960706

Is there a reason why console does not have graphics settings?

Doesn’t lower graphics help with ping and stuff?

Lower graphics only help with FPS, but Consoles usually have set settings because that is the way the console is, it’s set, no customization.