(Hot Take) Scatter Arrow was Better Than Storm Arrows

They probably have the choice to use Scatter Arrow in PvE for Hanzo which be cool for sure.

1 Like

The term “Hot Take” is so overused in this forum.

IMO both are equally terrible.

Scatter’s issue was it could one shot almost everyone for very little effort - literally just aim it at their feet. Storm’s issue was that it just generally felt terrible to be on the receiving end.
Hanzo is already quite an annoying hero due to his oneshot to be perceivably cow poop most of the time and having to deal with Storm Arrow on top of it just adds insult to injury.

Simply put, fighting against Hanzo feels like rng because you can’t outskill him for shoving his logs in your skull.

Although if I had my take on it I would rework the skill to shoot a fan of arrows in front of him.
Getting hit at point blank will be dangerous but it is also the risk Hanzo has to take for being so close to an enemy.

Personally, what I find about Hanzo to be quite vexing is that he’s good at all ranges, he has no downsides.

2 Likes

Hot take:

1 Like

I would love scatter arrow back, I’m not a huge fan of the “shoot faster” button.

But it would require Blizzard to balance it better, and I think we all know “Blizzard” and “Balance” don’t usually go together very well.

People always blow out of proportion just have big Hanzo’s projectiles are. The fact is (and this was stated directly from a Overwatch developer - Geoff Goodman, I think) Hanzo’s projectiles are the SMALLEST in the entire game, tied with Genji’s primary.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/hanzos-arrows-hitboxes-needs-nerf-in-size/17397/16

Oh I know but saying Hanzo’s arrows = logs is a meme at this point and I wanted to use it for the giggles.

There should just be a megathread for scatter arrow since everytime it’s asked for back they say almost the same thing word for word without fail.

I’ve always felt like scatter arrow could’ve been fine with with just a small damage nerf and removing it’s ability to headshot.

Scatter arrow being able to headshot was always just comically bad design. It was virtually impossible to actually aim for heads with it, making any headshot multiplier on it an arbitrary RNG damage mechanic.

1 Like

I agree with you on that one. Although, I don’t think the headshot multiplier should be removed for the base arrow, only the spawned arrows. That way a Hanzo can still attempt to headshot with it.

1 Like

I think if you were a full HP tank, you could survive it. But, you should see the issue with that statement already. You’re the tank, supposed to take damage. If you were in any team fight for mere miliseconds, you were in one shot range for Scatter Arrow even if you were a tank.

Simply put, that’s a bad thing for a game. Storm Arrows are way more healthy because it gives him adequate defense, but it isn’t a literal delete button.

I think that is a great idea. Would you support such a thread and this topic?

I don’t know what rank you’re playing in but especially on PC, peaking a widow is much more lethal than peaking a Hanzo. Plus Hanzo can only spam one tiny area his arrows aren’t a mei wall contrary to popular belief.

Normal peeking?

Yes.

Jump peeking, fake peeking, etc? No. You still die to Hanzo if you do this.

You deal with hanzo in different ways. Its easy to stand out in the open of hanzo Los since is super easy to avoid Hanzo’s arrows and predict where he will shoot. If he is close enough that he doesn’t have to predict you can burst him down with most other DPS.

Its of course situational but sometimes the enemy just has a good hanzo. Like with widow sometimes you just can’t dive her as tracer bc they just keep flicking you in the head.

Past a certain SR Hanzos know people will move unpredictably so it just becomes a guessing game from both sides where one person will get lucky.

It’s not fun to be on the other end of that guessing game at all.

Storm arrow is different from a regular shot.
Sonic arrow and his ultimate too.
So he has 4 not 1.

As for scatter vs storm. Don’t care both suck in different ways but losing to something unbalanced is at least understandable vs dying to rng.

Storm Arrow was added to replace Scatter, but ALSO to be another “shield buster”. Such tools really aren’t needed anymore with the lack of shields. Now it’s just a crutch ability for garbage players and an abusive tool for good players.

I don’t care what they change it to, but Storm Arrow needs to go.

Skill? Not the word I would use. It was basically luck… It was the original moira damage orb… only deadlier. Shoot the tanks feet and watch it multihit them to death.

2 Likes

Rein, Hog, Monkey… basically a couple of tanks could survive it even with lucky shots. Orisa was a free kill. Most of the rest of the cast was as much luck as skill which is why it was a bad ability.