(Hot Take) Scatter Arrow was Better Than Storm Arrows

It’s true. Scatter Arrow was much more fun they storm Arrows. With scatter Arrow it took skill to line up a kill shot or to land a kill in a corridor. All storm Arrows are is a “spam 5 arrows” ability which is significantly less fun than than pulling of a scatter Arrow kill.

And let’s be real, most of the complaints from Scatter Arrow were from tanks like Orissa and Zarya being one shot by it. And to be fair, that felt bad for a tank. But under the new reworks, tanks would fair far better against Scatter Arrow than they used to. On top of that, Storm Arrows can actually hurt a tank more than scatter Arrow.

My last point is this: it honestly is dumb to have a Archer hero with JUST ONE unique arrow. He needs a larger variety of unique arrows to use.

7 Likes

Tanks certainly would fare better against storm arrows now, but tank players weren’t the only ones complaining.

I’ve always been against spray and pray arrows. I think a singular rebounding arrow with a short cooldown would be less annoying to play against, but not especially effective or fun to utilize. In any case, handsoap would be less annoying, which is a win in my book.

3 Likes

At this point, I cant even recall any hero that could survive getting scattered lol

Pretty sure someone could do that, Reinhardt most likely?

It’s not a hot take, he was reworked away from it for the same reason Doom lost his oneshot and Mei lost freeze.

It felt awful to play against.

That being said, Hanzo in general is awful to play against because the only reliable way to beat him as a squishy is to never enter his los due to spamzo action.

At least with Widow you can try to peak her like you’d peak an OP in valorant and be fine, but Hanzo isn’t this way because of how spammy he is.

5 Likes

Isn’t a hot take usually something new? (that being the ‘hot’ part). Yet in 2018 you said the same thing

1 Like

I’d say by getting rid of his spamiest ability (storm Arrows) and replacing it with scatter Arrow, that would help ease that problem you have with him, no?

If Scatter was still in the game it would be able to One-shot like half the tanks Lelelelel

Hint #1: simply stating

doesn’t make a subjective opinion any more true.

Scatter arrow felt horrible, was random and dealt insane burst damage. It was never balanced - it just the fact that it took them so long to realize that means they’re not great at the whole “balance” business.

And, Hint #2: there’s a big difference between a “hot take” and a “steaming pile of garbage”. Just saying.

2 Likes

Yo. That’s so awesome. How did you find the old gem of a post? The memories haha.

I still miss his original arrow speed.

Scatter Arrow did 450 damage maximum but had a good spread so it would rarely do that much damage to one target.

Therefore, even if all the arrows hit a tank, all but 2 could easily take the hit.

No, since storm arrows don’t oneshot you can actually respond to them. His primary is the issue I have with him, Scatter and Storm are primarily tank issues.

He needs a total rework imo, either focusing on less spammy oneshots with more arrow types or more spammy arrows that don’t oneshot.

scatter arrow was like aiming for a headshot but the headshot hitbox is way more forgiving and it’s the floor

1 Like

In a way, sure. But also, I was far easier to outplay Scatter Arrow vs Storm Arrow. Take Reaper for example. All you had to do as Reaper was to wraith as he tried to hit you with Scatter and that was it. If you Wraith to evade, storm you may only evade one arrow before he just holds the ability and spams you with the remaining forum arrows.

Scatter Arrow was great because it was so boom or bust. It could be outplay far better than Storm Arrows.

Scatter arrow felt so random and unfun to get hit by - sometimes it would happen, sometimes not. Spam arrows kinda suffer the same way.

Maybe as Reaper or Mei they were more fair, but for tanks and ranged squishies storm is more fair.

Against storm you can just wait out the cooldown, or if you’re super confident in your aim you can just outduel him with headshots.

Scatter shot was fun to spam but not fun to play into.

Scatter arrow was a bit more fun and chaotic.
But I distinctly remember Hanzo players panic scattering your feet if you caught them out of position or flanked them. Which just felt really cheap.

1 Like

Both abilities felt fine

I think it would be cool if more heroes cycled their abilities in/out of their kits every handful of seasons instead of doing the Hadouken thing and sticking with the same tool forever

(Especially since PVE will seemingly be bringing new takes on our abilities, meaning new assets are being created)

They probably have the choice to use Scatter Arrow in PvE for Hanzo which be cool for sure.

1 Like