Horrible Soldier Change

The recoil is completely constant. After you tie your muscle memory to just pulling down your mouse when you click on dudes at the proper rate, you’re gonna have essentially a laser pointer.

Why can’t people see this? It’s a very obvious effect.

Recoil is extremely easy to deal with. If it means that he gets absolutely no spread in return, his skill floor may not be raised too much.

No he is not. Soldier is designed as a character for those who are familiar with shooters, but not with overwatch. He is an easy character to play if you drop in the game for the first time. Like Vagabond said, he is an FPS veteran’s introduction to overwatch, in the way that he is supposed to feel familiar to the vast majority of players.

But they didn’t make it worse? They made it more difficult to play with, and more rewarding for those who can actually aim lol. And there was a reason for the change. Did you even read the post or patch notes?

This is a game want to be competitive.

Must raise skill floor even if a little.

For console, the recoil if pretty simple, basically a vertical line, not something to create problem even to a gamepad.

1 Like

yes I caveman too. ooga booga

Not understand your strange “language”.

This, kids, is called dramatic irony.

It already has made it out the experimental into the core game

holy snap I played soldier today how did I not notice LMAO

1 Like

Yes “irony”.

Really if you think this is irony…

you must not know the definition of Irony. Here, let me explain it to you so you understand, and don’t look foolish on the internet next time.

Dramatic Irony: an ironic situation in which the “audience” knows something the “character” doesn’t.

This is dramatic irony because you, the “character”, believe that my language is strange. When in reality, the average “audience” (reader of the forum) knows that I was making a joke at your broken, incoherent sentences. This is ironic because you believe you are the one who is doing the goofing. However, you are the one being goofed my friend. The “audience” knows this, yet you do not. Hence the dramatic irony.

Seems more you don’t want this game to be a competitive game acting in a such way.

Burst for me will always be better. R.I.P 76

also player like me who just flat out cant play him anymore cause of nausea and headaches

So if your theory is correct why didn’t have recoil, you know, for 4 years?

They may have thought spread was more iconic, and they probably didn’t want to go too far away from other heroes (which have spread). They likely waited this long because they thought it’s time to change it up.

This doesn’t comport with your previous statement at all. You’re contradicting yourself.

CoD games have both spread and recoil, and Blizzard probably thought it would be better to go with spread. Now, they finally realized recoil is the better choice for people getting into the game from CoD.

I thought it lowered the skill floor… bursting shots and managing spread feels a lot harder than managing the pitiful “recoil” he has now, apparently not everyone agrees

instead of balancing his gun around cheaters :moyai:, just ban the cheaters??? why is this a reason against this

1 Like