Horrible Soldier Change

He meant Tactical Visor, obviously

but that feels recoil
1 Like

all we can do is try to keep our rage (or well mine in tact)

and just play him untill i know how to play him.

i have 2400 hours on him and 200 being on the new soldier. i am at the point where im jsut trying to ignore it and im trying really hard to just pretend its not a thing.

i highly doubt blizz will revert it and its the most dissapointing thing ive ever experienced in a video game.

As a Soldier one trick pony, i can objectively and subjectively say that the buff was needed in order for Soldier to be viable in everything above plat. His newly introduced recoil control raises the skill ceiling, greatly rewarding players with good tracking and good recoil control.

Soldier was borderline a throwing pick unless a whole team played around him, and had a Mercy on him at all times. Now Soldier is a viable and consistent pick who can actually bring value to his team. To sum it up, on pc, higher skill = Higher reward on Soldier now. Console and low ranks = Soldier is slightly worse.

lets hope they eventually change their mind. thats all we can do at this point.

it makes me sad everytime i play and although it sounds dramatic. u can imagine that it would have a huge impact on someone who exclusively plays soldier.

I got a lot of anger issues in game after the change and I got no one else than myself to blame on that.

I need to stop being toxic and accept that Soldier wonā€™t be changed and I need to be nicer to people.

Just because my character is now ruined does not mean i should be toxic to people.

I think they even toned down the recoil since it was first on PTR.

they only removed the shakyness and made his damage lower. expect for that its the same.

I guess, I just remember trying to hit echos and pharahs far away felt disgustingly worse than what soldier was before, now it is fine.

yup. at 40 sec in my vid thats clear.

https://youtu.be/O1XmuO68ogU?t=40

In my opinion as soldier is currently not like ptr in the vidā€¦ and after 200 hours (on new soldier) as well. I dont find pharah or widow to be an issue as theyā€™re fairly easy to track overall.

What my issue is is tracking smaller targets or targets that move a lot, example: Tracer and genji even mercy is hard sometimes.

Before the changes it was a lot easier to kill Tracer, genji or mercy. It felt skill based. Now with the changes it feels like im just hoping my weapon wonā€™t shake everywhere.

Before someone says: just control the recoil, idiot.
Keep in mind this is my first fps and soldier is the first char i fell in love with. So for me to get used to holding my mouse weirdly down + shooting seems strange. I donā€™t understand it either as CSGO seems to have patterns in ow its just hold it down. It seems unnecessary and just make the char feel less skill based.

Soldier used to be based on skill now its just shoot and pray.

I think soldier is EASIER to play now than before. :man_shrugging:t6:

He is for people who play fps. Imagine u never touch an fps like me because well females dont tend to play shooters do we?

Then u like me find a char you like, you stick to that char. In your mind this is how all shooters work: You control the weapon by shooting some then stopping. You then spend 3 years exclusively playing him.

Suddenly Blizzard decides that Soldier is now only for people who have played fps in the past. Thereby removing the aspect Overwatch has and offers that no other shooters offer.

Yes there is tracer, Zarya and Mccree. Are they the same as Soldier? No. Trust me Iā€™ve tried and I just canā€™t get it to work. Nothing is the same as old Soldier.

Call me sad, call me pathetic but itā€™s truly something thats going to take at least a year to get over.

i just joined the sym gang I suppose.

R.I.P Jack Morssion 2016-2020.

Itā€™s mostly tough for console players. He is also our baseline for the tutorial, wonder how people are feeling after trying that with the tutorial mode for the first time.

1 Like

Tracer??? also torbs gun is hard to aim, but he does have a good turret, i agree with sym doe

Yeah, Soldier feels like a legitimate threat now, he felt pointless before. There are times now when I pick Soldier because I think heā€™s actually the best choice possible for me to win the game, and that hasnā€™t been true since my first ten hours playing.

1 Like