Horrible Soldier Change

holy snap I played soldier today how did I not notice LMAO

1 Like

Yes “irony”.

Really if you think this is irony…

you must not know the definition of Irony. Here, let me explain it to you so you understand, and don’t look foolish on the internet next time.

Dramatic Irony: an ironic situation in which the “audience” knows something the “character” doesn’t.

This is dramatic irony because you, the “character”, believe that my language is strange. When in reality, the average “audience” (reader of the forum) knows that I was making a joke at your broken, incoherent sentences. This is ironic because you believe you are the one who is doing the goofing. However, you are the one being goofed my friend. The “audience” knows this, yet you do not. Hence the dramatic irony.

Seems more you don’t want this game to be a competitive game acting in a such way.

Burst for me will always be better. R.I.P 76

also player like me who just flat out cant play him anymore cause of nausea and headaches

So if your theory is correct why didn’t have recoil, you know, for 4 years?

They may have thought spread was more iconic, and they probably didn’t want to go too far away from other heroes (which have spread). They likely waited this long because they thought it’s time to change it up.

This doesn’t comport with your previous statement at all. You’re contradicting yourself.

CoD games have both spread and recoil, and Blizzard probably thought it would be better to go with spread. Now, they finally realized recoil is the better choice for people getting into the game from CoD.

I thought it lowered the skill floor… bursting shots and managing spread feels a lot harder than managing the pitiful “recoil” he has now, apparently not everyone agrees

instead of balancing his gun around cheaters :moyai:, just ban the cheaters??? why is this a reason against this

1 Like

He meant Tactical Visor, obviously

but that feels recoil
1 Like

all we can do is try to keep our rage (or well mine in tact)

and just play him untill i know how to play him.

i have 2400 hours on him and 200 being on the new soldier. i am at the point where im jsut trying to ignore it and im trying really hard to just pretend its not a thing.

i highly doubt blizz will revert it and its the most dissapointing thing ive ever experienced in a video game.

As a Soldier one trick pony, i can objectively and subjectively say that the buff was needed in order for Soldier to be viable in everything above plat. His newly introduced recoil control raises the skill ceiling, greatly rewarding players with good tracking and good recoil control.

Soldier was borderline a throwing pick unless a whole team played around him, and had a Mercy on him at all times. Now Soldier is a viable and consistent pick who can actually bring value to his team. To sum it up, on pc, higher skill = Higher reward on Soldier now. Console and low ranks = Soldier is slightly worse.

lets hope they eventually change their mind. thats all we can do at this point.

it makes me sad everytime i play and although it sounds dramatic. u can imagine that it would have a huge impact on someone who exclusively plays soldier.

I got a lot of anger issues in game after the change and I got no one else than myself to blame on that.

I need to stop being toxic and accept that Soldier won’t be changed and I need to be nicer to people.

Just because my character is now ruined does not mean i should be toxic to people.

I think they even toned down the recoil since it was first on PTR.

they only removed the shakyness and made his damage lower. expect for that its the same.

I guess, I just remember trying to hit echos and pharahs far away felt disgustingly worse than what soldier was before, now it is fine.

yup. at 40 sec in my vid thats clear.

https://youtu.be/O1XmuO68ogU?t=40

In my opinion as soldier is currently not like ptr in the vid… and after 200 hours (on new soldier) as well. I dont find pharah or widow to be an issue as they’re fairly easy to track overall.

What my issue is is tracking smaller targets or targets that move a lot, example: Tracer and genji even mercy is hard sometimes.

Before the changes it was a lot easier to kill Tracer, genji or mercy. It felt skill based. Now with the changes it feels like im just hoping my weapon won’t shake everywhere.

Before someone says: just control the recoil, idiot.
Keep in mind this is my first fps and soldier is the first char i fell in love with. So for me to get used to holding my mouse weirdly down + shooting seems strange. I don’t understand it either as CSGO seems to have patterns in ow its just hold it down. It seems unnecessary and just make the char feel less skill based.

Soldier used to be based on skill now its just shoot and pray.