Hope you didnt want to get into the BETA

I don’t even understand what you’re trying to criticize. I’m calling content creators subhuman. Does that make it clear enough for you? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Yes, and I’m pointing out the obvious irony in that. Does that make it clear enough for you?

5 Likes

Pretty sure the selection will be based on a variety of reasons. Which again, I still don’t get what the issue is.

Got to at least have some kind of selection to make sure the game plays right.

Like a selection for low tier hardware, variety of skill rating, location etc etc.

Who’s your favorite ‘brawler’ right now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yes there will be a variety of reasons to the selection process, but only for subhuman normal people. Content creators get a free pass ahead of the line regardless of that selection process.

You guys are certifiable. What could possibly be in your head to make you view content creators like that?

9 Likes

So we’re back to cc getting access again.

You’re going back and forth between a selection process and access to the beta.

Back to it? That’s what the whole thread is about. Skipping the selection process is the same thing as getting access. This is all related.

1 Like

You think every cc has 2k viewers running on a NASA machine.

While ignoring smaller cc who literally stream to gather new friends.

3 Likes

That’s not really what they mean when they say content creators. I can load up a stream to nobody right now. If they recognize you as a content creator then you skip the line.

1 Like

You can’t be this dense to think they wouldn’t give people a following codes preferentially to randos on the internet? It’s THE most common marketing strategy for new games.

3 Likes

Obviously you need some kind of viewership and a steady stream schedule, otherwise it defeats the purpose of promoting.

A consistent streamer with 10+ active viewers still has a chance as that guy with 20+ viewers.

The big names likely already have access anyway. As does OWL. And as I said, fair chance for everyone. I find it unlikely that cc will get any special treatment against normal players.

It sounds more like cc will be fighting for access with other cc.

And players will have their own selection phase. Thus having separate entries. Cc getting access is hardly a problem for players when we have a signup too.

3 Likes

It’s quite simple…

Are they discriminating beta access to some and not others - or not ?

If the entire process isn’t random it’s a discrim.

1 Like

OP, I don’t even know why you’d want access to the earliest beta, honest. If they stick to their plan of releasing new heroes gradually, you’d actually want to get in later when there’s more new toys to play with.

As for myself, I never even signed up for the beta, because I don’t want to have limited access to heroes in an unfinished form and then, after the beta period, having to go back to OW1 feeling bad if I enjoyed the new stuff knowing I’d not have it for several months after getting to try it.

At this point, it just looks like you want bragging rights that you were in it, and the NDA you’ll sign for it won’t even let you brag about it anyways. Let the streamers take the lumps of dealing with an unfinished product.

2 Likes

That’s for testers - and the best testers don’t stream and don’t exclusively belong to a 1% class. Streaming for content and testing for quality assurance is an entirely different skillset and prioritization.

But those toys will be hard revealed for months and months with boring Stylosa content explaining the interactions and tricks etc. Few things left to discover and innovate that the content crowd haven’t already been able to do and publish. You might pardon things if it were like a 1-2 week headstart but we’re talking months of sidelining.

If the process isn’t random it’s predatory and discrimination.

2 Likes

This is a refreshing bit of candid honest responses. Andy I hope you are able to get into communication with that team and maybe do a round up of questions from the forum with them. I think it would be great for the community if you can help both teams collaborate for a quick moment or that your bosses facilitate that discussion. Im sure its above your responsibilities and the company might have other plans on how to answer questions but hopefully they will work with the community on the forums as well to help restore some faith.

gets job at blizzard, just to get beta access.

hahaha

2 Likes

I want a job at CDRed for early Witcher 4 access.

1 Like

The wording in the tweet, as well as the language in the form, both seem to suggest this is an opt-in for content creators, much like the beta opt-in that the average player can sign up for.

My understanding here is that Blizzard has allocated ‘X’ beta spots for content creators and ‘Y’ beta spots for average players, much like how they allocated ‘X’ alpha spots for Blizzard employees and ‘Y’ alpha spots for OWL Pro players. In terms of fairness, content creators aren’t taking any beta spots away from average players, and they are also not guaranteed a spot by opting-in via the content creator form.

I suppose the only other consideration that should be taken here is that if you were a content creator, streaming Overwatch for 6 hours a day, and you didn’t get into the beta, your livelihood is impacted by your average viewers flocking away from you to streamers that are all playing OW2. That seems pretty unfair to them, right?

11 Likes

im wondering what the max player count will be for the beta. hope its huge so i have a chance lol. if its like only 10,000 then its probably like winning the lottery. also no im not a content creator, i have a lousy youtube channel but thats it

1 Like