Honestly looks like they deleted Orisa

because they couldn’t find a way to make orisa’s kit work in 5v5

Hence, “a blend of both”.

Keep some of the original (Fortify & Protective Barrier), blend the two (Halt!, Supercharger, & Javelin), add some new (Javelin and unique passive).

I’d go into a full, detailed rundown, but I’m typing this on my phone at the moment.

3 Likes

This time I wanna give it a try before judging tbh. Her current design is really boring to play and I say this as someone whose main tank used to be orisa. On the upside, doubleshield will be gone (well it’d get removed anyway due to the 5v5 format)

I agree 100% with OP.

That being said, I’m really sad and worried about Orisa.

For what its worth, the most of new kit they are giving her could have been the basis for a new hero, like Mauga for example.

Barrier, Halt and Supercharger are all core abilities that Orisa players love and what actually makes Orisa… well, Orisa, the Protector of Numbani (her whole kit even made it into a story, as you might recall).

If they wanted to make her more mobile, while stepping away from barrierwatch, they could have made her barrier work more like Winston’s bubble, not to have it up all the time for everyone to sit behind, but to use it for emergencies when heavy fire is incoming.

I just hope that with the talent system we will still be able to use the old abilities we love in PVE.

2 Likes

I think it’s valid to be simultaneously excited for her rework but also question why they couldn’t create a new hero. The only thing I can think of is that because of the nature of her kit and how she places a barrier and positions her team behind it, it’s hard to make that work with the fact that maps now have more corners and natural cover, as well as gamemodes moving to more aggressive-pushing objectives. I don’t know if her current kit could have been iterated to accommodate that.

2 Likes

Now Orisa will feel like a heavy dps hero which reminds me of Bastion.

Lack of consistency everywhere.

Which doesn’t really make sense, does it? I insist that it sucks that the new kit could have been the base for a NEW hero.

1 Like

They could have made her protective barrier behave more like a Winston Bubble. Does anyone have problems with bubble? I think not. Maybe the devs should have looked into that before commiting to this change.

2 Likes

Maybe! I always worry about imitating another hero’s kit, though, in case that might make the one they’re copying obsolete. But that seems like it could be an option.

I meant in duration, HP and cooldown. I do like the shape of Orisa’s (former) barrier and the fact that she could throw it far away from her.

if there isn’t one, we can always assume one
perhaps efi changed her loadout to better challenge doomfist/ deal with null sector

2 Likes

Ohhhhhh.

That makes more sense.

Maybe! I have no idea what works and doesn’t work. I can only hope they tried to keep her kit relatively the same before making this change. And even then, I approach that with a lot of skepticism.

1 Like

we should also at least try to be some bit of optimistic
if we all go into this thinking its bad and can’t be good
it could be the best game ever made, and we won’t be moved

I agree.

I should clarify, I’m skeptical that they tried to make her original kit work. I’m still excited for this iteration. :grimacing: I’ma spear people and I can’t be happier about that LOL

i am personally interested on what may happen

Same. It seems like her kit is going to be pretty great at aggression, and I’m excited to see how that plays out!

I don’t mind this change so long that we’d get a new anchor tank to fill in the role that Orisa used to fill.

Only thing I don’t like about new Orisa is that they changed her primary. The heat mechanic is definitely interesting, but I liked the way her old gun feels and fired with it’s large clip. Very much the closest thing to an LMG in other games, which I like. I hope one of the new heroes has a similar primary (or just a straight up LMG)

I will say the ultimate seems rather boring. Like everything else though.