Honestly looks like they deleted Orisa

Thank you so much for explaining that, I didn’t understand how to prevent overheat, but with that explanation, you have changed my mind. Yes, this will be a much faster pace when I stare at a wall and wait for my weapon to cool instead of shooting at something. I appreciate the wisdom, brother.

11 Likes

Replying sarcastically doesnt make me any less correct than i already was :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Arguing about this is worthless until we see how long cooling down takes

1 Like

Yeah, it all depends how fast the weapon heats/overheats and how fast it cools too. All things that are easily adjustable after more gameplay testing.

1 Like

How could you be correct about something subjective? No kap, that is a really strange attitude to have.

I am really glad you feel this will make her faster paced, genuinely, you have no idea how badly I wish I could agree. I actually feel anxiety in regard to how bad these changes are, man. So sorry if the excessive sarcasm was annoying as heck.

I just honestly do not know what to do. Now I feel pressured to play a game that I do not want to play just because I do not believe I will be playing Overwatch 2 for particularly long.

So, again, I apologize for taking it out on you. It is just sad to see that I waited around for over 2 years just for this. I feel very insulted and perhaps that is why I am projecting a negative attitude out there.

I digress, have a good one, bro.

5 Likes

Andy B seems to agree as well.

2 Likes

I would have to try it, but I would contend that fast paced and aggressive are not necessarily the same.

It sounds fun to me. The gun mechanic sounds like Guntank in Gundam Evolution
Not sure about the Fortify though

As a former Symmetra main, I give my solidarity to all Orisa mains that can’t recognize their favorite hero in the rework anymore.

15 Likes

It looks that way because they did.

1 Like

I have such mixed feelings on this score.

On one hand, I really don’t like the idea that totally deleting a hero kit is on the table. On the other…Orisa never really had a unique kit of her own, it was just a mishmash of other kits and was one of the Tank/Support heroes who clearly (and openly) was created solely to fill a specific role rather than because they had a cool idea for a Tank kit.

The new kit does feel a lot more creative and like more love went into it.

At the end of the day, I guess what’ll matter most to me is results. If she plays well and is both viable and a healthy design…well, ok. But if it ends up another Sym 3.0 situation where she doesn’t even get good results in exchange for everything lost…Yeah, I won’t be happy to say the least.

1 Like

I wished they would have just made a new tank to give all these abilities too.

The thing I am interested is to see if how she handles the speed of 5 v 5.

Cause in 6 v 6 she needs so much teammate babysitting otherwise she is free real estate for snipers and divers.

3 Likes

Reminder that with the new primary fire she can no longer pressure snipers like she could before, pair that with no barrier… Havanna third point, Orisa Vs Hanzo and Widow, no items.

knowing they wanted to kill her only makes it premeditated murder, but murder nonetheless
also they are removing one entire tank, that alone kills barriers.

How is that killing her? She seems to be more fun and engaging to play rather than just standing in one place shooting endless bullets that do little damage.

1 Like

Personally, I – and a few others – feel like they just made a new hero and called them “Orisa,” given how many abilities were changed.

Kind of like what happened to Aatrox: he’s Aatrox in name only, everything else practically has no semblance of the original.

Personally, I feel like they could’ve better blended the two ideas, but we’ll have to wait and see if this is the case.

5 Likes

What people dont understand , is that if they kept her the same for OW2, she would be extremely weak.
Once her barrier goes down she is quickly killed, especially with her being the only tank.
Because she is currently slow, her grav ball doesn’t save her its more for utility, her gold form only prolongs her death.

If she didnt change she wouldnt work well in OW2.

1 Like

Well, I suspected her primary is going into Sojourn.

Honestly looks like Orisa & Doom are going to be a ton of fun, I can’t wait

1 Like

because they couldn’t find a way to make orisa’s kit work in 5v5