Hitmarker Sound not working

I have been experiencing a problem these last 2 days on overwatch. I don’t think this has to do with a specific platform, but the hitmarker sound will not register when I shoot somebody. The game will register that I hit the person, but it won’t give me a hitmarker sound. Sometimes, I don’t even see the hitmarker or the enemy’s health bar even after I hit them. I have seen some other conversations about this problem, but it seems there has been no reported solution to fix this bug. The limit server and other limit option in the settings of the game prove no help whatsoever. So please, can somebody give me advice on how to fix this problem?

15 Likes

It’s the exact same for me. It is really annoying that no one has addressed this. Could it be something with a new update? Also, I experience lag even when my ping is low, that looks similar to rubberbanding. Most of all, I just want my sounds back. Hitmarker sounds, and the sound when you take a point are not working, or working sporadically.

Edit: by the way I have tried reinstalling the entire game, scanning the game for damaged files, and also resetting settings back to default. Nothing worked.

Same here. I want my dinks back.

2 Likes

I have the same problem pls fix

Bump

its happening to me too

the same i hope this will be fixed

This has also been happening to me for a while. I also don’t see tracer rewind or sombra translocate animations anymore. Also sometimes I just won’t hear my hero voicelines when i try to use them (like 60% of the time I won’t hear them but other players say they can hear it from their ends).

6 Likes

Same here… i’m saaaaad

bump
pls give me my hitmarker sounds back :frowning:

BUMP. this is still happening to me!! Weird thing is it seems to work alright in training mode, but as soon as i get to pvp it breaks again.

1 Like

Same for me since last patch… also don’t have heal packs sounds anymore

2 Likes

Same thing has happened to my game. The game is now unplayable. And I doubt blizzard will ever aknowledge this. Looks like Im done playing overwatch.

Same thing is happening to me.

I fixed it!!! It took me two weeks but I finally figured it out. It turns out I had really bad packet loss with my internet connected to the blizzard servers. I pressed ctrl+shift+n while I was in game and I had a constant 15% packet loss, which was causing the missing hit markers and elimination skulls. So what I did was download this program called Haste which is a gaming VPN, and tried out the free trial. It lowered my ping by like 5-10 ms and removed all my packet loss down to 0. Pretty sure it works only with ethernet, but I may be wrong. I’m so happy omg

Overwatch how to Fix No HitSounds (FIX) - YouTube This video is not from myself. I searched hours for a problem and you just have to delete one file that reinstalls itself after launching the game again. Again, I swear I dont wont to make promo or somthing. Just wanted to give a solution to the problem

1 Like