Higher Latency for you?

Before the patch I was averaging 28 png, now it’s at 60. This was an issue towards the end of last year after the December 14th patch where a large amount of users experienced lag. for months

This seemed to have been fixed a while ago but after this latest patch the higher latency seems to be back.

Have you been experiening this?

7 Likes

I can’t tell, since the damn ping counter is gone too.

1 Like

yep i was averaging 70 ping now i got 110

Ping is now Latency. I’m not sure if they mentioned this in the patch notes.

1 Like

Everyone logging on to try Brigitte is making latency increase

Possibly, but this happened previously after a patch where there wasn’t a major influx of people, and patches like the Uprising Event didn’t cause latency spikes like this. I think it will be fixed by the next update, but hopefully it’ll resolve itself soon.

I have same issue… before 30-35 ping… now 45-50…wth is going on ?!

2 Likes

I used to get 30 png now I get 170 :frowning:

1 Like

Well as Acestial pointed out it could be the influx of players, but this game is known for having routine maintenance right after the patch until the next day. Hopefully things will settle.

Whoa crap, the highest latency jump reported so far is 40, you’re pushing 140. This might be worse than I realized.

My latency is currently about 10-20 ms higher than what it usually is. I hope it goes back to normal. Usually it’s 48-50, now it’s 58-70.

my ping is usually 50 (sadly normal for me) nothing has changed

Is your connection NAT Type 1? (open) or NAT Type 2? (Moderate)

Well this is not a first “new hero patch”… and I never had any issues like this one. There was even more ppl online after moira release date …and ping was fine…

True, and it’s a relatively small patch size so they didn’t really change much, but I’ve noticed since the December 14th patch people have had a lot of issues so it doesn’t feel full resolved. I don’t understand how patches related to the in game mechanics for heroes can disrupt connection issues like this.

I haven’t had a chance to play this morning, hopefully the issue will have subsided but I doubt it is, and wont be until the next patch which could be Thursday or Tuesday.

From the support forum:

They changed the way they calculated latency, so a slight increase is expected.

This looks like a real problem though.

2 Likes

ye, My ping went from 8 to 24 day of the patch.
My ping is too high, it was so laggy O.O.

Oh okay, well that explains the slight jump in ping for me but other have reported higher ones on average. If this in the new norm then fine, as for the others having a much worse results hopefully that gets resolved soon.

My ping is back to normal today (60-70), but yesterday it jumped to almost 200

Yup ever since the patch my latency jumped 15 MS higher.

Really annoying.

1 Like

I was running around 30ms and now if I get 65ms i’m doing well. I’ve had jumps as high at 1200ms mid match with no real indication whats going on.

1 Like