Higher Latency for you?

You guys are missing the point…they’re showing you a different number…THAT number is higher…but your connection hasn’t changed at all…it’s still just as fast or slow as it was before

2 Likes

was 12ms now 26+ all the time characters used to move smoothly now skip around , by skip around i mean they follow their same path however the movement is jittery. probably going to quit this game now regaurdless weather or not blizzard says theres absolutely no difference wouldnt be the first time a company pulled bs in b4 im wrong and 4000+post troll kings are right

hope this is just due to overcrowded servers cause of brigette

switch it back to on since patch or use macro

Now I get 60 ms instead of 40

I’m pretty sure it just replaced rtt, because before my ping was always 17ms and rtt at around 30 to 35 now the new latency label shows 30 to 35 so they just relabeled rtt to latency

Before the update, I had around 25ms which was relatively stable unless someone got on Youtube or Netflix. Now? It’s a damn rollercoaster! It’ll stick around 40-60 and then suddenly shoot up to 100-200. Hell, yesterday I had 900 ping for no reason. I was the only person on the internet

1 Like

Well in Chile, atleast for me, I Play at 160 ms :smiley: since brigitte was released is a mess, from 160 to 340 each 2 minutes, a friend of mine that got a decent conection used to play in 60 to 70 , Now he is suffering pings pick of 140 to 200, when blizzword hit it happened too , and was fixed in the chinisse new year event… after a patch there is always problems, help, and give us sac1 play at 20 ms ping was amazing :c regards to all and sorry my floppyty english :slight_smile:

1 Like

No

I have had the same ping

My ping has increased and I get constant ping spikes during matches how do I fix this?

1 Like

Used to average 50-60ms. Now it’s 70-90ms with jumps that go from anywhere to 100-600ms.

Apparently the latency number is meant to be higher than the previous ping number and it shouldn’t have any effect on gameplay, but I’m calling bull. The game 100% feels laggier now and I wasn’t getting insane ping spikes before the latest patch.

1 Like

yeah same here bud its so weird all of a sudden

my ping is usually around the 50s or 60s range but its now 70s-80s range but that may be lower as im switching my isp tomorrow but ive also noticed some lag at times to the game responding to input

I just made a post of this actually and I don’t know why does anyone know?

I’ve experienced some hit registration issues, and what seems like missing sound files for characters like footsteps, explosions, Sombra’s hacking sound, etc. I’m guessing that too has to do with connection issues like when you make a basket in the lobby and no sound or confetti occurs.

160*2 = 320. That’s pretty close to 340.
This means that your “160 ping” was the time it takes for your computer to communicate with the sever, now it’s how long it takes for you computer to communicate with the server AND the server to respond back.

It’s been, what, a week since this change happened maybe? Just before then, I would get 30MS, but now I get high 300MS to 60MS?? Honestly so confused, and I really just want to chill in qp and have fun, but missing all my shots because someone moved in the few seconds I couldn’t see bc recent lag really sucks.

Yes.

I used to get around 40ms but now it’s gone up to 150ms.

My latency is much higher averaging around 200 vs the 50 that I used to get prior to update. I am connected to the Chicago server. I have done all the network fixes on my end to no avail. Anything you can help me with here Overwatch support?

1 Like

Has anyone had latency issues after the update yesterday? OW usually puts out hotfixes for bug issues but lag has been known to happen during this time.