"Hide and Rez" - The Double Standard

The difference being if Zen isn’t on point, or is hiding, he cannot save his team. Additionally if they’re already dead, he can’t save them, as opposed to Mercy who can save an entire team from being dead and completely turn the match around without much effort.

And again, Zenyatta’s ult has counterplay, you can prevent him from getting to his team, you can single out heroes in it, etc. With Mercy she just flies in while invulnerable and resses everyone who is dead.

I don’t want to watch the video while I’m at work. Is it literally calling reaper’s hide and DieDieDie a double standard for mercy’s old hide and rez?

That’s…not a good comparison.

Yes, exactly. Anything, but old rez. It literally encouraged Mercy mains to let people die to get a combo rez.

1 Like

That “Hide and Rez breaks the game” propoganda is still going strong I see, considering the double standard I pointed out in the OP.

1 Like

Other people listed the other forms of counterplay for Trance, but I feel I should mention the healing AOE can also be blocked by barriers.

If the objective was to highlight the double standard when dealing with the problem of heroes who hide because of their ultimates, the example Aria gave was actually pretty good.

as a mercy main:
w/o watching it I would have to disagree.

While yes, hiding with your ult is a natural option, unlike the rest…Mercy had god mode during it. That was a bad buff. this took away mass rez’s only counter.

I never hid (i never cared for SR so no reason for me to do it and i alreayd had my cute spray) because that is boring.
I healed liek a proper medic, but given the buff took away counter like prior mentioned it isnt hard to see how tempting it is for peopel who DO care about that stuff to abuse it.

humans are greedy and if they can they will.

it’s why you never saw it happen before the buff was added and only after.

It’s not.

The problem Mercy faces when compared to a hero like Reaper is that Hide and Kill with reaper goes with the intended core game loop while Mercy actively works against it.

Reaper doing it moves the game forward.

Mercy doing it moves it backwards.

There’s also the little problem of GA. Honestly, if Mercy didn’t have guardian angel mass rez, as well as hide and rez, would have been fine. However, combining it with GA was just too ridiculous for words.

I’ve said repeatedly, Mass Rez would work great on an anchor tank.

1 Like

Shut up Winston main.

Okay answer this question with a yes or no answer.

Are they both hiding?

Yes, and it doesn’t matter.

Cool. You can’t even answer with just a yes or a no… Nothing left for you then :stuck_out_tongue:

Just want to point out, Zen has a pretty good speed-boost on that ultimate (not to mention immortality) which allows him to play further back to avoid being picked-off before the ults start.

Transcendence is without a doubt the best support ult, probably one of the best ults in the game. The counterplay is very limited (Ana? What’s an Ana?) and could just as easily apply to rez with regards to burst damage (in fact, it’s easier to drive a tire into the middle of a team of statues still in reanimation rather than people who are able to walk and shoot). You can try to knock the Zen away from his team… unless they are in a Grav.

Zen is a very skilled character, but his ult really isn’t and never has been.

That’s because the issue is more complex than can be answered with a simple “yes or no”.

Which means you never brought anything to the discussion in the first place.

And here we go. Mercy 1.0. How long before Mercy mains then complain that they can’t pull off mass rez, and ask for invincibility or instant cast buffs again?

Complex or not. I told you to give a yes or no answer and your inability to do so further proves how hypocritical you are being by saying that Reaper can hide but Mercy cannot. Also, the argument isn’t that complex. You are making it seem to be something more than what it truly is.

Lmao, invincibility was a horrible idea which none of us asked for. It was an over-buff. A damage reduction or uninterrupted regen would’ve been optimal.

1 Like

I can hide as Rein too. You’re setting up a straw man.

1 Like

Lmao, context please. I’m referring to hiding that is encouraged by ultimates. Also, hiding is pretty bad in general so I don’t see why you’re pointing out that Rein can hide.

Nope. I’ve been playing before comp existed, and I remember Mercy mains often complaining about dying when ulting.