Hey, do something

When will we see actual content? When will we actually get to see happy news for Overwatch that is not OWL or some other crappy League.

I’d love to hear about you guys reading the forums, actually taking feedback from the community. I think it would benefit you guys a lot if you took your time listening to the community, you wouldn’t want to make the same mistake as the guys at Diablo did.

2 Likes

You’re yelling into an echo chamber. Let the devs enjoy their holidays and come back in the new year

1 Like

Been waiting since summer games, how much of a vacation do they need

4 Likes

A lot of issues have been issues for over a year, my latest thread is about an issue that have been around or 25 months. How long of a vacation do they need?

3 Likes

DEVS, DO SOMETHING

1 Like

It doesn’t matter, you’re still yelling into an echo chamber. Most people working on the game are not browsing the forums right now. I’m not disagreeing with your wants but maybe wait until Jan 2nd to make sure someone will see what you’re saying

Jeff Kaplan made a post last week where he made a list of what he could talk about as far as upcoming content. Here’s a link to it.

1 Like

That’s all great and stuff, and I do hope Jeff is talking about future balance changes and not the ones we have currently. The balancing we have now may only work in certain situations, especially when you look in different skill-ranges.

And it’s obvious Jeff is slightly joking in that response, with all the secrets. But the many issues that are brought up on the Forums, they should not be secrets.

My main beef with his response in that is he gives absolutely no indication to where they are in the development of a lot of that stuff (barring new game modes, which he indicates are a long ways off), and a solid portion of that is, “we’ve been working hard! I promise! And I can’t tell you about it!”

When you narrow down his response to the actual meat of the post, Jeff basically states that they’re working on hero balance, QoL features, new heroes, new modes, and skins. And then a bunch of fluff about “top secret” stuff and “feature development” (what does this even mean? Are not all of the above features?). Which is… basically what they have been working on, but part of the problem is that the work progresses miserably slow, which he doesn’t address at all.

For instance, they’ve previously said that they’re currently working on six new heroes. That’s great! But at the rate Overwatch has been moving, that’s spanning over 2-2.25 years. That’s a really long time in gaming terms. Given the roster (and balance state) we have now, that’s not going to be a tenable, long-term plan.

Without elaboration on many of those items listed, more concrete info on what they’ve actually been doing, and approximate time tables (even as rough as Spring 2019, or Summer 2020, etc), it’s really hard to feel comforted or reassured by Jeff’s response. It, in fact, really just makes me feel even more defeated.

LOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I need it

1 Like

I get that, but I’m sure he’ll go more into detail when can. I don’t think this was exactly a prepared statement on his part. I think he was just reading through the forums and saw an opportunity for some quick engagement and threw out what he could on the spot, which I appreciate hearing from time to time. You’re right about the time six heroes could span, though. I hope it doesn’t take over two years to be able to see all of the new heroes.

That’s a fair assessment, but considering he’s one of the most authoritative figures in Overwatch management, I think he could really stand to be more illuminating in his posts. It just seems like the community-developer communication (specifically from the devs to the community) has consistently been horrendously poor, and Jeff’s response kinda encapsulates that for reasons I described: it’s a lot of fluff that’s missing the specific info that would actually help reassure the community. Or at least myself lol

1 Like

I’m sure there are certain topics they want to keep on a low because it can cause false hope, if that certain topic does not end up actually getting into the game. Or like they’ve previously stated, they do not want to announce something that will be added to the game much later. But that does not excuse them for not acknowledging issues. What Jeff posted only tells us what is to be added. Balances we have all the time, some good, but mostly bad.

But, if we actually look into the forums there are several threads that bring up very crucial issues.

For example, Brigitte and Reinhardt shield. Sometimes it makes a instant 90º or 180º turn out of nowhere. Sometimes when your shield breaks down, or when you’re about to use an ability right after taking down your shield. So, for example, if you wanna charge or shield bash you sometimes charge or shield bash in a complete other direction than what you were aiming at. This was an issue with Reinhardt only before Brigitte was even released. And I have not seen a single poast by Blizzard where they confirm this issue and at least acknowledge it.

Same went with Mei’s ultimate lacking visual design to actually show where the affected area is and not just when it’s placed on a flat surface. There are not many places in Overwatch where the surface is completely flat. It took them over 2 years to patch this, and there was threads about this since the start.

Just like I explained in my previous thread, there have been several threads about the way you obtain the weekly lootboxes in Overwatch. These weekly lootboxes have been a thing since 25 months ago. It’s not logical to force players to win in RNG, unbalanced and unfair gamemodes in order to obtain these weekly lootboxes.

This being my thread about the lootboxes;

And that brings us to another issue have have been around for over 2 years. Arcade. What is it supposed to be like? Is it supposed to be a place where you just play and mess around, or is it supposed to be a place where you play very competitively and really tryhard. Or neither? They have never really put a line to what’s what in Arcade.