Heroes Never Die: A Story of Courage, Hope, and Compassion

So I’m xenophobic for calling out a Nation actively being xenophobic, OK got it.

This is just too perfect. Isn’t blizzard partially owned by tencent. And now they’re pushing through stories, propagande, like this.

All of it is fabricated, there is nothing genuine about all of this.

Don’t you know? Chinese civil rights infractions are the fault of this doctor, and really what this was all about. Evidently.

6 Likes

Did you even read the article? Weiwei is not China, she’s an amazing doctor putting her life at risk to help as many people as she can. There was nothing political.

Don’t be horrible.

6 Likes

If you find anything political about this article, you’re manufacturing it yourself.

There is not one word about the government of any country. Only the story of a young doctor who spends all of her free time in Overwatch behaving in the way her main hero would behave during a world-wide pandemic.

9 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if they forced the women to do this PR ploy.

There is nothing genuine from china, because their government don’t allow the chinese people to be genuine. It’s all forced and fabricated.

Let’s unpack this.

This article is about a Chinese doctor helping other people by being on the front-lines of the pandemic, in its origin, while finding inspiration by Mercy.

You interpreted the article, somehow, to be propaganda. To be pro-China, when it’s literally not saying anything about the government. If you removed “Chinese” from her identity, and the article said “A doctor”, there is nothing in the article that promotes Chinese government.

When confronted with this, you continue to ignore that fact and deflect it to, “but the government”.

The people are not the government. You are xenophobic for not acknowledging that. You are xenophobic for honing in on “Chinese” and immediately calling it propaganda.

You are free to call out the Chinese government separately. I actually share that view with you. But how is the concept that the people (who also acknowledge how corrupt their government is) who are still fighting and risking their lives - the point of the article - still lost on you? There is a time and place, and this is neither. Your continued push to call this propaganda is so out of context that it comes off as xenophobic.

Make it make sense.

9 Likes

Good luck to you, Andough.

3 Likes

It’s all just very fishy. Blizzard is chinese owned, partially at least. Then in the current political climate this gets released by a chinese owned company.

If CCP had no stake or ownership in blizzard then I would be fine with this. But now it’s just very fishy.

1 Like

I’m going to eat food before I get hangry.

The irony is that I share that view of the Chinese government with them. But this isn’t the place to discuss this. We need hope. We can focus on hope while separately acknowledging the bigger issues.

I can go on and on about how messed the Chinese government is, but that doesn’t diminish the fact that there’s someone existing within that government who is doing what she can to make the lives around her better.

also not going to throw the word “racist” because it’s coming off as just misguided frustration, and not, “my race is superior”.

2 Likes

anything with traces to CCP should be viewed as ingenuine and fabricated for their narrative.

1 Like

Fortunately, the forum now has an option to hide posts from certain users.

Hopefully the mods can clear up the thread before it takes an even worse turn. Weiwei is only trying to help.

2 Likes

You understand that she might be under government order to not interact with foreigners, specifically those coming from Africa?

Only 5% according to the wiki. But you know, Tencent owns 100% of Riot games, the maker of FREE TO PLAY Valorant. That’s ok though right? RIGHT? It’s RIOT Games which is according to people on these forums legit and can’t do wrong at all.

3 Likes

Is there anything in this article that led you to this conclusion?

Yes, clean up the freedom of speech, ofcourse a CCP owned company would be very adept at this. Just proving my point further.

1 Like

Its an educated guess based on what’s already known publicly about what has happened. Mcdonalds’ CEO had to step in and tell the local stores to stop posting those signs.

1 Like

No. Riot games is very suspicions. Their anti cheat seems to be rootkit. I stay away from valorant after i realize riot is owned by CCP.

She might be. But then there’s a million hypothetical considerations that we can dive into.

She might be ordered to not interact with foreigners, and she might be breaking that unknowingly.

She might be defying those orders, unknowingly.

She might think those orders are ridiculous and stupid, unknowingly.

She is not a representative of her government. I’m not saying the Chinese government isn’t messed. Neither the article, nor Weiwei, is about the government. It’s about a human experience being on the frontlines to help people, in relation to her inspiration which comes from an Overwatch hero.

Separate Weiwei from your beliefs (that I share with you) about the Chinese government. Separate her own individual experience as a doctor fighting COVID-19 from her government. The article makes no correlation between the two other than her Chinese identity. And it’s never used to boost China’s reputation about their government.

6 Likes

Dude what is wrong with you? This isnt political pandering at all.

The young women is in her 20’s, you know that age group here in america where they’re too selfish to stay home, and go to coronavirus parties, and she volunteered, let me say that again VOLUNTEERED, to go help sick people. She’s also a fan and avid player of OW.

Blizz is paying respects to REAL heroes. Today blizz is the fan, and they’re just showing love and respect.

The fact that you’ve turned this into a stupid political argue just shows what you really are as a person.

U suck bruh

7 Likes