Heroes Never Die: A Story of Courage, Hope, and Compassion

“Users or not, you must realize. You are doomed to spam

I’m not saying the story is bad, but its a bad look for blizzard still attempting to paint China in a good light despite all the bad PR coming from both this company and that nation.

1 Like

The amount of anti-Chinese hate going around at the moment is rather disturbing. People really never learn from history.

4 Likes

How is any of this pro-China? It doesn’t revolve around the government, it revolves around a doctor within it who likes video games, and found inspiration in Mercy in her line of work.

Remove her Chinese identity from the article and there is nothing that is pro-China in that article.

8 Likes

Dude, the article was about a doctor who had heroes never die written on her clothing. Stop turning this into politics. There are plenty of other venues for that.

10 Likes

But they arent painting them in a positive light. They are showing support for the frontline nurses during this crisis. They aren’t posting things about how good the chinese government is.

I can’t duplicate stupid ~WildPants

5 Likes

well yeah. did you miss the whole thing last year when blizzard banned a pro player, took his prize money, and fired his interviewers, all because he mentioned hong kong during an interview??

I like this theme, i’ll be using it to enter doors dramatically from now on.

1 Like

I mean Blizzard themselves say they don’t like to engage in anything political and punished people for doing so publicly on the same basis. Its just strange that every time they skirt their own rules it always seems to benefit China and always seems to be right after China gets caught in some very shady business.

Had this come from anywhere else I’d still have to wonder why they keep skirting their own rules but at least its not from somewhere sanctioning racism.

1 Like

The doctor was Chinese. That’s literally all it has to do with China.

7 Likes

I mean, I’m anti-Chinese-government because of their corruptness in hiding it all.

But I can separate that Chinese government =/= its people, like Weiwei. Shoot, even the Chinese people acknowledge their government’s corrupt practices.

But the article isn’t even about it. People want to make the people within it as their representative to rationalize their misguided frustration and anger.

5 Likes

Not too much to share at the time.
We are creating Test kits for local hospitals since they let other organizations create them. Over 80% of our building works from home so we are real crunched for help sometimes when we try to make tests while doing our normal work.
I work with a small team in an office space for 5 people but we are all separated to keep us all protected so it makes everything much harder trying to work as a team :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s about human beings helping human beings. There is nothing here pushing a government agenda.

3 Likes

To be fair, for all the people thinking of her representing the Chinese government…
do YOU represent the actions of your country? No, you are a singual individual.
I’m in the US and I am ashamed by some of our government’s actions.
Just listen to Her story.

4 Likes

OK, so do we get to talk about how just last week they were kicking anyone black out of their homes and refusing service at some restaurants, namely Mcdonalds over covid-19? There was even a printed note in some establishments “kindly written” as if this was the 1960s all over again. Address that before you start pushing glamour pieces from that country.

2 Likes

Keep being blind to the threat and manipulations of the CCP. You can’t trust anything that has ties to the regime.

I should’ve said CCP in my original post, not china.

So she is bad at saving lives?

1 Like

…What does that have to do with the article? That has nothing to do with the article.

You’re making an argument that isn’t even there. Stop talking through emotions. Topic at-hand is an article about a doctor who is inspired by Mercy.

Oh.

We’re xenophobic. Got it.

4 Likes

Is that in the article because if so I somehow missed it?

That’s now what we’re talking about here… Again we’re talking about humans helping humans. If you want to nitpick over what governments in the country of the story origin then we won’t have ANY stories like this from any country.

Try looking past your political bickering once and just see the people trying to help others at the risk of their own life. I’m betting the person in this story has done more to help people than you have.

7 Likes

But that’s not the fault of the woman in this article.