Heroes Never Die: A Story of Courage, Hope, and Compassion

I read the article. You said “why not something about the states”. To which I was curious if this were about the exact same woman, but the situation were written from a different country.

To me, this isn’t even political as you’re attempting to turn it into. She’s a young woman. She’s a medical professional. Where she’s from shouldn’t even be a topic.

19 Likes

No PEOPLE are mistreating Asians in the country. The government has instituted several measures to see that they remain safe, there’s even a hotline for them to speak about their experiences. The Chinese government started what is happening over there to foreigners.

1 Like

Whew this thread :rofl:

I don’t know. Blizzard shilling for their Chinese overlords? Doesn’t sound right.

4 Likes

Don’t bother arguing, apparently saving lives is evil nowadays. I’m not denying china has done horrific things but that is no reason to hate on a nurse saving lives on this outbreak

I can’t duplicate stupid ~WildPants

9 Likes

Why did it specifically have to come out of China, right after they are being publicly called out for government sanctioned racism?

2 Likes

Yeah, that was what I was trying to point out. She’s a single person; she doesn’t represent an entire country.

8 Likes

Some of you are just cold…she’s a doctor in a different country who’s dealing with the same thing as many other countries.

8 Likes

It doesn’t matter. If America did the same thing and there was an American doctor saving lives, would you be against it?

2 Likes

You really are a small and pathetic person. I have so much pity for you.

2 Likes

YES, government sanctioned racism is a horrendous thing no matter where it comes from. I’ve already had to speak out for regulars at my coffee shop for being harassed for merely looking Asian. And If this was a government issued thing the whole world would be ostracizing the USA.

The tone in the article makes it seem like she’s passed. Is she still alive and well?

Thankful for her perspective as a doctor that is helping people, and love her bravery.

2 Likes

I’ve been asking for a way to unify game-related news for quite some time. I guess this approach accomplishes that, assuming the bot will pull from more than just the Overwatch Blog going forward. So, neat.

Of course it’s wrong but that does not mean that a nurse who had nothing to do with sanctioning them should be receiving hate for her leaders issues. It’s like complaining about a community manager for a games lack of content

Stop. Just stop.

To the point of the thread, thanks for the article. It was a good read.

1 Like

I think this line was intended to clarify that she is:

Sometimes it doesn’t take a sacrifice to make a hero.

2 Likes

Also, I understand that right now, due to the pandemic, people will naturally be irrationally hostile when anything Chinese comes up since the Chinese government lied and hid this for a while. Feelings are irrational during this unprecedented time.

But this women is not China. She is not a representation of the government. She is someone who exists within it, with her own goals, her own ideas, her own beliefs, and - ultimately, through this article - her own actions.

Please try to separate Weiwei from your beliefs about the Chinese government. She is not a representative of it. She is a human being within it who is doing what she can to make the world around her better.

13 Likes

This was a nice little read.
Im in the USA working in a lab dealing with Covid testing and I am also a huge mercy fan.
I use the Funko Mercy figure I got from my mom as a Jewelry stand to hold my rings and bracelets when I need to take them off for lab work.
:blush:

3 Likes

I bet you wouldn’t say that if it was a nurse or doctor from say, France that has “Heroes never die” on her back.

6 Likes

:heart: Would love to hear your story if you have one to share about your experience within all of this.

Thanks for the work that you do, friend.

2 Likes