Heroes Locked for no reason

Hey ya’ll been playing since OW1 beta, silver portrait, playing on only this PC account and never any other, and all the other heroes besides the “free” ones are locked for me. I actually had access to them in games earlier today, but suddenly all those heroes are locked. I’m not sitting through another queue, so don’t even try to suggest resetting the game.

480 Likes

Same with me. Also PC only.

24 Likes

Friend I am playing with had this happen and I assume it is thinking he is a first time player, but even if it did think that he is grouped with players that aren’t so I thought it was supposed to remove those locks.

5 Likes

This is happening to me too, I believe it’s tied along the issue of people missing their cosmetics, like skins, gold weapons, etc. Now that I know that this is happening to others most likely it’s just a bug that’ll be fixed in the coming days.

5 Likes

Played since OW1 beta as well, and pretty much same. Looks like cosmetics came over just fine, but the old heros are locked as if I was a new player.

32 Likes

I’m not missing any cosmetics. Skins, golden weapons, etc are all there, even for the locked heroes.

25 Likes

All of my heroes are locked as well.

6 Likes

same this happened to me after I got server dc’d

11 Likes

Same thing happened to me after I was dc’d from the server

7 Likes

Experiencing the same problem (I’m on PC)! All of the skins and cosmetics transferred just fine. It’s just that some heroes are locked as if I’m a new player. Kiriko is unlocked for me though which is kind of odd. Hopefully this is just a bug or error that will get swiftly fixed hopefully. Not looking forward to grinding for heroes I played before if ever this persists. ://

9 Likes

Same bro.
dear blizz… bobby kotick. What is this huh?! I’ve been playing this game since the beta, opened almost all the content on ow1 and after the update you are the drafters, taking away access to my heroes, although it should have been for beginners! WHAT IT IS?! GET ACCESS BACK! WHY SHOULD I PLAY… GRIND THEM AGAIN?! WHAT OTHER TESTS FOR THE OVER 100500 MATCH WILL OPEN THEM WITH ME?!

4 Likes

I am also having this problem and like DeMiVida Kiriko is unlocked.

1 Like

Yeah, it ruined one of my competitive matches when I really needed to play McCree. I have over 2k hours in this game and a platinum 1-star boarder. Like, come on…

1 Like

Same. My profile literally has 1822 hours played and im having heroes locked like im a newbie.

16 Likes

I am having the same issue as well :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I am having the same issue. Please assist :frowning:

same all my cosmetics are in but hero’s are locked.

7 Likes

I am also having this issue, i have been playing since 2019 on my PC and all my heroes are locked. Please fix this soon

2 Likes

I don’t even have challenges available to try and unlock the characters I’m missing.

18 Likes

Same here its just permenantly locked to the starting characters plus junker queen soujorn and kiriko

1 Like