Hero Pools Will Kill Overwatch and Here is Why

I thought Hero Limits and Role Queue already killed Overwatch?

A month ago, this would have simply meant the odds of a tank getting banned would have been evenly split among the top 5.

This was Competitive going into Decenber

This was Quickplay going into December

Now tho, because of the nerfs, it’s going to be Reinhardt every other week because of just how far removed he is from the rest.

This is Competitive now

This is Quickplay now

I would only support Hero Pools if Moira was banned every week.

Frankly, being forced into Orisa jail for half a year was WORSE than not being able to play Rein or Ball for a week.

My only concern is that with hero pool the general level of the game may drop, since even tryhards will have trouble adjusting to the new comps and figuring out non-classic counters. Like, what the hell I’m supposed to do against a Widow as a tank if Winston isn’t in the pool? Rely on my DPS?

Hero pool is basically hero bans without all the intristic problems bans would’ve brought, such as longer queue across the board, longer pre-match times, general rise in toxicity as blame for bad/non-meta bans gets thrown around, etc.

3 Likes

The largest playerbase group are the casuals and the most popular gamemode is QuickPlay.

Seeing how hero isn’t affecting them do I doubt this change will Overwatch.

No, the worst that happens is I cannot swap to the best counter to the hero that the enemy is stomping with.

3 Likes

Or without a Sombra to counter Doomfist?(which happened in qp often because genji refused to switch but i digress) Oh god…

But imo they should make a lot of soft to semi-hard counters to every heroes, be it rework or new heroes. League ban only works because there is a single hardest counter, alongside 50 soft to semi hard counter, and you definitely cannot ban them all without concerning your other teammates. Which Overwatch still has a very linear type of counter, for example Sombra makes Doomfist becomes the worst hero etc etc, but there is not a hero aside from sombra can be as reliably taking down Doomfist. Especially in lower ranks where everyone’s hypothetical skill is the same. (i hope)

1 Like

Dude…it literally has a whole month before it’s even out… how about before you complain about something you give it a freaking shot? lol jesus christ this community jumps to conclusions faster than a bunny detective.

The main reason they even made this a thing was because of people cheesing a meta… literally yall shot your selves in the foot… Jeff kept saying " Alright guys seriously stop making metas… we nerfed all the heroes you played last time and buffed the ones you didn’t so stop…" and instead of being smart and being like " Okay uh… we will just play how it is designed discussing with the team"

Then what do you guys go and do?

“Hey did you hear? Sigma, Orisa , Mei , Hanzo , Baptiste , and Zenyatta are the new meta…” IMMEDIATELY PICKS THE ENTIRE META!

Gee… I wonder why they decided to just put this idea into motion… lol

Look if you cheese which lets face facts meta’s are cheese then you reap what you sew…

2 Likes

You literally haven’t even tried it

Questionable.
(20 chars req.)

2 Likes

Team Rocktopus unite!

Every new implementation and/or balance change will kill overwatch. Will it really?

1 Like

No he just used it to bait people here so for him I have this sign

PUTS UP A GIANT SIGN READING OUT THE WORDS “CLICK BAIT” ON IT

There we go much better~ now onto an actual discussion topic good day~

I identify as the microwave queen

1 Like

hero pools will be great for overwatch and heres why: we won’t have the same 6-8 heroes played on both teams every single game. the meta will be much less controlling.
also, yes, a lot of people asked for this or at least some variant of it (mainly just hero bans)
they’re not gonna ban half the roster im sure you’ll have a hero to play, and if you’re a 1-trick then you shouldn’t be in comp anyway because 1-tricking is a soft-throw every match no matter the situation, map, team comps, anything. 1 tricking is bad for both yourself and your team

2 Likes

How do you know when this is your first time on the fourms?

1 Like

God, RIP Overwatch, RIP Blizzard. Jesus, talk about trying to reinvent the wheel, but making it square. It is so awkward I do not even know where to begin. JUST GIVE US HERO BANS and balance patches every season. Easy, done, game fixed. I mean seriously, does it look like anyone like your current map system? And someone though doing the same with the heroes would be better? Like legit? Whom even comes up with these ideas? These are things that get scrapped on the board and not going through a full development cycle. No wonder there are no resources, they are being WASTED like this.

I think this is a pretty fresh solution that is similar to bans. Most of the people upset, will be the same people that were upset about role queue (the one tricks, and non team focused players). They will go to some boring left click fps. Let em. I know I always play OW to see who understands the game and can put it into practice instead of spamming metas. I enjoy the rock, paper, scissors of overwatch and this will reward flex players for sure as well.

1 Like

fanboy stops for a dev update that he did not even test. :thinking:

1 Like

hey, ur on my friends list Pog