"…Hero Pools will premiere in Overwatch Competitive Play during Season 21. The Hero Pool system will feature a weekly rotation of playable heroes intended to improve the quality of play…"
I’ve never made a post on this forum before, but I was compelled to make a post because of this ‘Hero Pool’ development update. I’ve followed Overwatch news since it was just a rumor, during beta and before the game was released, I’ve played every season like clockwork, I have Overwatch posters all over my room, I wear the merch, I even built a new computer just to play Overwatch and when that computer was built I shoved Overwatch stickers all over the case - I’m very much in love this game like no other game I’ve played before. Having said that, Season 20 will be the last season I play until hero pools are removed.
This isn’t a sort of game modifying change like implementing 2/2/2 or something that changes the dynamic like back when they changed mass resurrection for Mercy and made it an ability for one hero at a time. This takes something away from the game. This ruins the competitive experience. I could see it during Jeffs developer update they aren’t sure if this a good thing. I’ve talked to players during matches and the forums speak for themselves. This is a bad idea.
- No one asked for this. As someone who plays Overwatch almost daily, this will have the opposite effect and ruin the quality of play.
- Players identify with certain heroes in the game, that’s the whole point and beauty of this game.
- This is something that belongs in an arcade mode or experimental. Not competitive.
- Overwatch has a finite amount of heroes to play as it is. Why do something like this now?
- Overwatch will see a decline in players. I’m one of them. Those players will replace Overwatch with something else and won’t look back until hero pools are removed.
I’m not the best player, but I love this game dearly. At the time of this posting I have over 1,408 hours played in this game, because it’s fun. Because I enjoy it. Because I get to play my favorite heroes. Don’t take that away.