Hero pools= one tricks not playing comp

But 2/2/2 was your dream.

Can you say karma?

If it’s any consolation, hero pool changes frequently and only in comp.

1 Like

well then i am glad that they add hero pools if that meams no more one tricks.

Opinion not fact.
Adjusting how I play is way better for my team than switching to a hero I’ve literally never even once logged into which is what hero pools will cause to happen for many one tricks and even flex players who have a limited pool. Nobody will be as good on all heroes and can switch at will and be effective. Seen it many times where a player switches and is useless or at the very least much worse than they were on the hero they switched from

How do you define “not knowing how to play”? Because if you’re hardstuck anywhere besides GM, you by definition don’t know how to play.

If you mean aim or mechanics, then I assure that in Gold, I can get 3-4 golds medals and multiple multi-kills using Widow, Baptiste or Ashe and still lose a game.

1 Like

i play more comp than qp lately
2/2/2 was my dream because of DPS mains refusing to fill supp/tank and get put into comp games with 3-4 dps

I can literally play every tank more effectively than I can using winston against reaper/hanzo/zen, even though winston is by far my best tank.

Dude, if you are getting shut down, and refuse to switch, you are throwing. Stick to QP with that mess.

1 Like

Thats a user-created dilemma though. This game has been around for awhile now, you know whats required, you know what will be asked of you, and you know what this game has been about. If you ignored this, then comp was never for you in the first place.

2 Likes

For me 222 allowed me to play my favorite hero more as just have to worry about one person taking her first not 5 now will also sometimes have that choice removed. Removing choice is never a good thing.

1 Like

I have never been 'shut Down’s as I work with my team no matter who they choose or who the enemy team chooses. This is not a single player game. No player plays alone.

Same.

[20 characters]

And that’s their choice, which was taken away.

And now it’s karma time for you.

I’m the first person to come to the “defense” of one tricks (for a lack of better words) because I don’t mind them on my team, (Honestly I have had some one tricks hard carry, or just work really well with them) but I don’t think this idea is a bad thing IF it’s executed properly.

Sure, it’ll suck not being able to play your favourite hero in competitive, that’s going to be a MAJOR downside. But the downside I’m more worried about is the fact that it may increase DPS queues. DPS are getting into the games they are because of those D.Va one tricks. It’s obviously going to affect queue times once they take away a favourite hero of people, or remove enough that it affects a person’s whole hero pool (Depending on how many tanks they take away, some people usually have a hero pool of 1-3. Sometimes more, but 3 is pretty reasonable for one role)

It’s just gonna be interesting to see how they do it.

1 Like

Unique perspective I did not think of.
People say that us one tricks then just won’t play. The majority of the one tricks I’ve seen on the forums are tank and support players not DPS so if they don’t play those roles will have less players causing the DPS queue to go up.
Catch 22 there. If the tank and support one tricks don’t play there are less games and nobody is playing

1 Like

Man, next thing you know battle mercies will threaten to stop playing. What will we do then!?

1 Like

Wait longer in queue

You’ve got a deal. No backsies.

1 Like

Yeah I agree.

Ban a hero for a week and then next week everyone wants to play that hero exclusively because they couldn’t last week.

Coming up next! More issues that will never be solved!

1 Like

you just said it yourself, you can get many medals and still lose, which is a pretty clear clue of you playing heroes that you have no expertise on

Competitive is to compete at the game, not for you to take a stroll and ruin everyone’s day

What the hell…like, are you aware that if you roll one hero that there is a higher chance to:

1. Lose the match?
  2. That opposite team will switch their heroes and counter you?

We are talking competitive here. Not quick play or arcade.

1 Like

as jeff said…one tricks shouldn’t be considered when changing the game

1 Like