Hero pool UNINTENDED SIDE EFFECT - more imbalanced matches

but its ok if jeff says you cant play that hero? wow how noble of him.

I love hero bans… I dislike the implementation of it though.

use a vote system similar to dota or just ban 2 random heroes in each category every day or every game because I could get how some people get cringey if the heroes they like playing gets banned for a week.

You’re referring to a very old comment from Jeff.

He’s since posted confirming that smurfing is an issue and that they’re working on possible solutions since, apparently, it’s not an easy fix given how console accounts work.

Do you have links thinks you him saying this?
I’d love to read the full quote/article where he talks about this.

Here 'tis:

Nothing about Jeff’s quote is him confirming smurfing is a real issue. It’s just him responding to someone about smurfing & saying it’s hard to fix.
But I guess you just read what you wanted to read.

1 Like

He said “it’s a very hard problem to solve”, thus admitting smurfing is a problem.

Hero pool is totally trash and cause people playing at alt/smurf accounts or stop playing and OW losing his community.

Hero pool is nice. I learn to play Hammond with decent results on the “hitscan hero pool”, I wouldn’t ever try him without hero pool. I have a totally different vision for that hero and I know what a good Hammond should do.
Yeah I lose some SR why? Because I wasn’t able to adapt, it’s competitive! Being flexible is key.
In the past I would ask for an hitscan and if I didn’t have any good in my team I couldn’t find a solution, the fact that I’m forced to come up with something make me learn new things.
Also I notice my team has to work as a team to win a game, more than before.
Hero pool is just in competitive if you don’t like it you could play so many different mode, if you pretend competitive is how you want for your personal preference than make your own videogame and make your own rules. I see too many people talk about what Devs should do, none of you show me your own videogame where your idea works. Just leave if you don’t like it instead of brinh negativity

Excuse me? I chose to buy this game when there wasn’t bans. I choose to buy this game because I like and only liked the competitive mode. They indeed are forcing this onto players.

1-week is nowhere near long enough to learn a hero. Also people play what they like and what they are best at. Most people also can only play 2-4 HEROS really well before they start spreading themselves toO thin.

they can’t bring their a-game because their strongest heros are being banned every other weak.

I play every tank in the game (except D.Va) with a specialization in WB. Every week I lose a key hero of my roster.

We are being forced and if it remains for next season I’m out. It is my choice but many like me will chose not to tank and heal when we lose so many of our options EVERY FREAKEN WEAK

You got me all up on my R. Kelly biz!! _

It’s the freaking weekend baby
I’m about to have me some fun
:musical_note:

Just get good at every hero dude its simple

If you dont like how they change competitive play, then please go play quick play. Nobody wants you there if youre just gonna be in a bad mood because Blizzard is doing a great job at shifting metas

It is cringe when plat players talking about ‘‘META’’.

below MASTER noone cares meta.

lmao.

Thats what you think, but the meta is constantly shifting in every rank. Meta doesnt necessarily mean youre running a perfectly meta comp, but it does imply people are using different characters more, such as Ashe. Ashe recently became a meta pick because of Pharah becoming meta for a week. If you dont believe me, Overbuff is always available to check play times in each individual rank, and you can search in between certain time frames. You just dont think theres a meta because youre team isnt communicating it.

But you could have done that ANY TIME before hero pools were a thing. It’s not giving you the ability to do anything new, it’s reducing your freedom. They can remove hero pools, and you’ll STILL be able to play heroes you’re less experienced with! That’s literally not a benefit at all.

That’s like saying you’re ok having the cable company tell you you can’t watch any of your favorite channels, which you paid for, because when they did it you ended up finding an ok show on another channel you never watch. You still paid for all the channels and could have changed the channel at any time before.

1 Like

That is what i want to see there.

Guys guys guys it is only a game which people playing for fun am i wrong??

Why blizz take our freedom?

I m a mid diamond player can play almost every dps hero but i can chose it not blizz has to choose for Me !

I can counter enemies i dont need someone to let Me counter by something.

I hate hero pool !

…for console. He could very well have the same outlook as before for PC.

Which is that smurfs really aren’t a problem on PC. I RARELY see smurfs in mid ranks. Almost never.

Yeah, this dawned on me about Day 3 of hero bans.

I just don’t think hero bans could ever work in Overwatch. The matchmaking depends on people’s ratings based on the heroes they play.

In the end, i don’t think the forced meta changes were any more fun than what we had before.

I do like the idea of more severe and frequent hero changes to mix up the meta, i say skip hero bans and concentrate on that!

2 Likes