omg sobs it-it’s beautiful!

1 Like

2 Likes

I think I have a 101% chance of winning

1 Like

I agree 100% my friend.

Hivemind
“We are Hivemind”
(Name used from a Blizzard concept from Prometheus, which became Overwatch)

Age - N/A
Nationality - N/A
Occupation - Combat Omnic
Base - Siberia
Affiliation - Siberian Omnium

Overview

This character was build using Reinhardt as a template for an anchor tank but focuses on armor penetration and a potential anti-dive tank…tank. I wanted to give this tank a focus on helping shotgun characters such as Roadhog and Reaper while not fully benefiting Zarya like Reinhardt does. This tank also does not have a stun or knockback but it does have it’s own CC abilities that effect certain characters more then others. I also wanted to put more substance into the Omnium and make them more included in the current story but I wanted to leave it more vague to give hints to something upcoming and have it open for a lot of directions.

Story

Hivemind is build by and connected to the Omnium that is used to infiltrate the Talon organization in order to gather information and use the chaos caused by the group to greater position themselves towards an end goal.

The technology used by Hivemind is similar to
Zarya’s technology due to that technology being given to Katya Volskaya of Volskaya Industries. Hivemind is a prototype designed to be linked together to share information among all Omnium but take orders from a higher tiers of command thus it does not follow a singular pattern of behavior.

Personality

Hivemind has three distinct personalities that voice their opinion or commands which you can tell by changes in color of it’s several lighted indicators.

Red is more direct and aggressive, mostly dealing with combat situations (commands, attacks, pain indications).

Blue is more logical and detached and deals in voicelines with other omnics and Talon agents.

Yellow is more hateful and sly, dealing in passive aggressive tones towards humans and Overwatch members.

Each voice has a slightly different pitch. Often uses “we” to refer to itself.

Character Interactions

Zarya - Hates Hivemind and is shocked with the simularities in technology.

Sombra - Generally concerned and unnerved by Hivemind and has a feeling through their interactions that the Omnium is who discovered her. Hivemind is passive aggresive towards her which is different then other Talon members.

Bastion - Hivemind thinks Bastion is broken.

Doomfist - Hivemind is respectful to a degree, if only enough to keep himself in Talon.

Reaper - Not really concerned with him, Hivemind is often displeased with the waste Reaper produces.

Moira - Hivemind isn’treally concerned with her but is curious in her ability to reprogram humans.

Widowmaker - Hivemind considers her the closest a human can get to an Omnic which it repects.

Orisa - It hates Orisa as she stands for what the Omnium are fighting against.

Zenyatta - Pretty much as the opposite opinion as it does Widowmaker.

Genji - It considers him almost complete, has a more detached opinion about him.

Junkrat - Absolutely hates Hivemind, Hivemind considers Junk and Hog the worst parts of humanity.

Stats and Abilities

Role: Tank/Support Hybrid
Health 500 (400 HP + 100 Shields)
Slightly smaller then Reinhardt in size.

Weapon - Precision Cannon
Type - Charged Projectile
AoE Damage - 30/20/10
Direct Damage - 35/65/95
Proj. Speed 70/100/130
Rate of Fire - 1/1.5/2
Headshot - No
Special - Ignores Armor Damage Reduction

Has three levels of charge (which can be changed in the options from held down to button press). Each level increases the direct damage and speed of the projectile but reduces the DPS and AoE damage. AoE has a 2 meter range with no feathering.

You are able to charge the weapon while Hivemind’s barrier is up but can not fire through the barrier. The weapon ignores armor damage reduction on both AoE and Direct damage. Direct damage is calculated as AoE + Direct damage when hitting an enemy.

Ability - Magnetic Barrier (RMB)
A large shield that stops damage made from hexagonal energy plates that floats 1 meter in front of the character. Pressing the button will place the barrier, which follows the character, pressing once more removes the barrier. Once the barrier is in place the character can pivot but the shield will remain in the position that the player put it in. To reposition the shield the player must deactivate and reactivate the shield to it’s new position.

Health - 1300 shield
Healing - 250 per second after 2 seconds
Move.Speed - 3 meters per second
Cooldown - 6 seconds after being broken

Ability - Magnetic Field (E)
A single target buff around a player.

Buffed characters does not receive displacement effects, receives 10% less damage and adds Recycle resource.
Duration - 4 seconds
Cooldown - 12 seconds

Ability - Energy Surge (LShift)
Surges the Magnetic Barrier with electricity giving the barrier a stronger magnetic field.

Character does not receive displacement effects (knockback), receives 10% less damage (to the shield) and adds Recycle resource.
Duration - 3 seconds
Cooldown - 10 seconds

Passive Ability - Recycle
Character’s hit with a magnetic field increase a resource by 1 for every point of damage they take. After 75 points a consumableobject is ejected out that adds a buff that negates the effects of damage reduction from armor for 20 shots.

You can not stack this resource and you can not have more then two consumables out at one time.

Ultimate - Gravity Well (Q)
Player surrounds himself in an aura of 12m (no cap on height value) that removes the ability to gain height inside it. This aura moves with the character making it a mobile ultimate, best paired with displacement effects near ledges.

Anyone in the air when coming into contact with this ability is immediately pulled to the ground while in the area of effect. Anyone 5 meters above the ground that is pulled will take 20 damage once they land on the ground.

Any ally in this ability does not receive displacement effects and are able to move freely.

Duration - 10 seconds
Charge - 1% every 2.5 seconds
Charge Required - 1375

Counters and Countered

Hivemind works well with shotgun characters with a lower ammo count. Works well against against armored characters (specficially Brigitte) and knockback effects with his ultimate grounding Winston, D.Va, Genji, Pharah, Mercy, Doomfist, Wrecking Ball, Hanzo, Widowmaker, Junkrat and Lucio.

It is weak against shield breaker characters but more specifically Roadhog (which does not push away characters with his ultimate during Gravity Well) and Sombra (which pretty much loses most of it’s function from Hack/EMP). Enemy Lucio’s also gain a much lower casting time for his ultimate being unable to gain height.

3 Likes

I have an idea :

evil mech pilot who has cybergenetic enhanements, and his ultimate would be that he activates his mech´s autopilot while jumping out from his mech to bring havoc to his enemies
his mech would fight beside him for a period of time

His ultimate can be casted at anytime, and how high his ult charge is, the longer he can stay out of mech.
However he cannot gain ult charge while out of mech

2 Likes

One more day until submissions are closed! Step right up, step right up if you’ve got a Talon Tank to submit and for Sombra and Torbjörn to look at themselves!

Cheers!
~ PyroPanda

2 Likes

Sorry, just to let you know I’ve made a few edits to my Maximillien iteration above.
I am done now I swear xD.
This is a real cool idea yo, keep it up!

1 Like

Last day for submissions, everyone! Submissions close at 7:00 PM PST, so be sure to -

YOU INSOLENT FOOLS. Did you really think that is mere “showcase” is just for entertainment? It is a pure and disdain mockery for the only juggernaut that -

I’m sorry folks, but someone’s interrupting my messa -

- is to be crowned winner. But I guess that will not be happening…so steel yourself, “Hero Crafters”. I’m coming for your petty creations. One. At. A. Time.

TRANSMISSION END

Um…guys? I think Amadeus is going to -

XmsksmsmsksksmsmsksmsHELPdjnsnsnsnnnnjjMEjsnnsjj3828%;#2;18)#;#829

5 Likes

El Cerbero will stick his boot in Amadeus’ Magnus Orifice!

2 Likes

https:/ /docs.google.com/document/d/1ocdfIeDjZll29BjDnPzx4BovadUKgbg8PIilB7ut9fM/edit?usp=sharing

I’m finally done with my concept! Hope you guys enjoy!

2 Likes

Oh now it gets interesting.

2 Likes

Indeed. I guess we’ll find out what coming in time.

2 Likes

SOS
SOS
SOS

Talon has breached Gibraltar

They are here

He is here

Hide while you can

Will retreat to backup location

Overwatch will hold them off

I hope so at least

Will end submission time prematurely

To avoid further complications

Details soon to follow

Expect results within a week if I am not killed

If this is my last transmission then it has been an honor being your host

If I will survive then I shall see you next Showcase

Someone help us please

God help us now

~ PyroPanda

6 Likes

And now we wait for the results.

1 Like

I’ll be doing my best to provide commentary on all the submissions, just as for last showcase. As for Amadeus, he’d better waterproof his tech if he wants to fight Riptide. Just saying. When you think of it, it really is disturbing how many heroes you can put at a disadvantage by dumping water on them.

3 Likes

“Ah, a trump card. I fold.”

xD

MEKA squad number 1

don’t @ me

2 Likes

That’s really good to hear I thoroughly enjoyed reading your commentary on not only my own contribution but all submissions given last month.

Man I wish I had seen this thread earlier I have had a Talon tank concept for ages :angry:

1 Like