"Help me!", "Sorry!" and Other Voice Lines We Desperately Need

“We need a tank!”
“I’m in trouble!”
“That’s a negative.”
“I need back up!”
“Fall back.” “We need to fall back.”
“Um. Sorry about that…”

Who else thinks “Hello”, “Thanks”, and “Group up with me,” aren’t cutting it any more? (And who can explain why in a way that’s convincing?) Personally, it’s hard for me to use a mic because I stutter, and I would really love to hear Reaper’s version of “Help”.

88 Likes

I don’t need your help… but you can if you want.

-Reaper, the edge boy

60 Likes

Or how about…
“Look at your monitor!”

16 Likes

I do think a few more like sorry would be good. But ugh the more they add the more will get spammed. It drives me absolutely crazy when people spam they need healing :frowning:

4 Likes

We need one that says
“Switch Characters”

3 Likes

I’d really like a “sorry!” button! I’ve been wanting one for a while, and I’d find it pretty useful, as well as an encouragement for sportsmanship.
“Fall back” can easily be used as just saying “group up,” though. also, “i need help” could easily turn into something heavily spammable, or said a salty way, like “thanks!”

5 Likes

Personally, I like the specificity of “fall back.” Often I see teams who get a little overzealous and are pushing the enemy team too far ahead. Inevitably things go bad and you’ve got a long walk back to the payload while the enemy has a shorter walk, allowing them ample time to push uncontested or to properly set up. I think sometimes teams need to be reminded to fall back slightly.

Saying just “group up” could be misinterpreted. Teammates might feel like you should group up with them instead while completely oblivious that they’re way too far up, and also it just generally might be ignored because they may assume you’re talking to a specific person or persons ie someone who wants to duo-ult or someone who needs healing or wants to give healing.

4 Likes

I desperately need one that tells my team to start trying. Imagine, winning a 2CP match outside of the last minute. That would be dope.

4 Likes

:eyes: Guess we’ll take a leaf out of TF2’s book…

4 Likes

That Genji is a spy!!

7 Likes

Yeah I would really like a “fall back” command. People don’t seem to get that when you’re using “group up” it also means… get your butt back here.

3 Likes

The comms wheel should be split into two wheels: one for callouts, and the other for social interactions.

In the social:

Hello
Thank you
Sorry
Good job
Default emote
Random emote
Default voiceline
Random voiceline

The “random” options choose from all unlocked emotes/voice lines, instead of just the equipped ones.

For the callouts:

Group up
Fall back
Need backup
Need healing
I’m going in
Ult charge
Affirmative
Negative

9 Likes

Still waiting for my “Please, for the love of all that is holy, don’t ult, we already lost the fig–DANG IT” voiceline.

5 Likes

My thoughts exactly lol. The fact that a way older game has a much better variety of voice lines is hilarious to me.

Genji sappin’ my spy- wait what? XD

2 Likes

People do not even react to existing ‘group up’ and ‘i need healing’ (aka “hey im under attack”) command, so what makes you think they would react to some other similar voice lines.

Why did you forget the most needed one:

WAIT TO ULT WITH ME, IM CURRENTLY RESPAWNING AND AM RUNNING BACK, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ZARYA WAIT

2 Likes

“Mada Mada” for everyone

4 Likes

People are going to spam anyway. Might as well give them variation so it doesn’t get on our nerves (as much).

Or… let us mute them.

1 Like

That would break the immersion for some people though.