Healing should be nerfed across the board

Oh I’m happy for you. I was told that wasn’t possible.

There really isn’t, especially when “keeping damage in check” is a figure of speak of denying damage. In this case, high burst damage.

False. Actually. They had no intention of going against anything else because the meta was so hard focused double sniper, that nothing else could be played without getting deleted instantly by the enemy snipers. Thus, when people found something that works against snipers, which was goats, everybody jumped on that chance to keep damage in check. In this case, snipers.

Naturally, goats had it’s counters. Bunker always had it’s counters, quad tank had it’s counters. The game has always had tank busters from pharmercy and damage boosted soldier to reaper and mei. What does every single tank buster have in common? They get deleted by snipers before they can actually bust tanks. Goats switches d.va to widow and suddenly your counter is getting countered even harder. We saw it countless times through overwatch league. The moment anybody found something that worked against goats, it was deleted by a switch to widow.

Doom was nowhere in sight during 2/2/2 bunker until after sigma’s release, hog orisa shut him down. So, No. And reaper was the 4th most played dps, only being viable on specific maps because widow destroyed him, being the 2nd most picked dps.

Not at all. There are plenty of one shots that are healthy for the game. The much greater problem is broken hero’s that completely destroy the core design of the game. The problem being, when you can’t counter pick without your counter getting countered even harder to the point it’s just a better option to mirror, forcing us into the year+ stale meta’s of keeping burst damage in check we’ve been in.

I like to think I’m only an actual troll irl where it’s unexpected.

You thought you were safe but really IT WAS I. THE RATCHETEST HO IN THE GALAXY

Can’t do that here… Text doesn’t translate as well.

1 Like

I like to think things would be dead so it wouldn’t matter.

Says who ?

Can’t really judge since I haven’t read it but my motto is that no matter how well-written something is or how good something is, if the idea behind it is meant to hurt, belittle or caricature a part of the community then it’s not worth spending time on it.

“X hero” hate threads are not my cup of tea tbh. We already witness enough hatred in our daily lives, why putting up with this on a game or any kind of forums in our spare time ?

I don’t see the positivity in this.

“We” should be replaced by “I”. You can’t be the voice for everyone ^^ ! There sure are people that didn’t like it.

Again, can’t judge since I haven’t read but if it were some kind of “fake Mercy hate” thread with no bias or actual hatred towards the hero and its fanbase then maybe it’s worth giving it a read.

Luckily it’s not. So you shouldn’t be acting like it is.

Yeah. To the point of false flagging getting it taken down and a mod having to step in to open it.

…I don’t…I don’t know what that means…

Go for it. It’s been reopened.

Mercy already cannot be played with anything besides pharmercy or bastion and other main healers casually because her healing sucks so hard, but you’d be fine nerfing all the healers to that same level so literally nobody can heal anything anymore, ever?

No thanks.

You still could. Just as a team . Otherwise, you’d have the option to play more like Zen and Lucio have

I could but that would mean autoloss because we’re lacking so much healing and enemy team damage dealers can just spam us down. Your idea is just plain horrible and would make every single healer pointless addition to a team.

You couldn’t force me to play support even if you pointed a gun at me with these kind of changes.

1 Like

It only would be lacking healing if you expect to barrel through and soak dmg.

But just like Zen and Lucio meta didn’t revolve around taking a beating, the whole game would shift back to the og overwatch and no longer revolve around taking a beating.

You’d play differently. Because you would know ttk would hurt you, AND the enemy

This game is no longer lucio zen meta buddy, the damage easily overflows any kind of dive metas you got in your misguided dreams.

The idea is just plain horrible and I’m not gonna even bother to discuss with you anymore just how stupid this idea is. Utterly disgusting. I’m out.

1 Like

Your opinion is noted. However, please be wary of body fluid mentions as it is against ToS/ coc

1 Like

A “Fake Mercy hate” thread is when people describe what they don’t like about a hero like Mercy but as you read the post, you realize how silly it is to hate a specific hero as the arguments only highlight those reasons are mostly not every elaborate and only based on personal bias.

People that make those clever threads manage to ridicule those that spread hate against a hero by putting themselves in their place and trying to make their opinions sound like facts or something that is not subjective when it’s anything but objective.

It’s kinda a long post and I don’t have time to read it tonight and I don’t feel like getting disappointed at the moment, especially if it’s something that reinforces real hate instead of breaking and mocking it.

Maybe some other time (or simply sum it up for me so I know what it’s really about and what your true goal really was when creating such a thread).

Cheers.

2 Likes

Well me for one. It really got into some pretty deep game design and hero design theory, which is always a good thing.

It was one of the kinds of threads where people dig into some pretty deep topics and how they apply to design in general.

It wasn’t even close to a “Delete hero” thread. It was well worth the read, and on the strength of it, I take a lot more time reading N7Warrior threads, because I have seen what they are capable of being.

I might have it bookmarked, so I’ll see if I can dig it up.

1 Like

… My senpai noticed me…

No worries. I linked them and commented on the thread itself for their reference.

1 Like

i think they should instead have a healing cap! They would have to adjust it for dps and total healing amount tho.

Yes, because that’s totally what I said. You wanna include the subsequent clause beginning with “because,” or are you just going to ignore that so you can make snide remarks?

Ok, let me correct myself.

And yes, it is what you said. Your “because…” had no effect on my argument.

You just sound like someone who’s mad healing wouldn’t be as powerful and you’d actually have to learn to do more things than just that when playing support.

I really wonder why especially one shots are so affected by less hp/s.

Its litteraly the only thing that would not change a little bit.
While sustained dmg would boost into heaven.

But yeah, nerf the one shots bc they are easier against 40hps than vs 60hps :woman_shrugging:

Idea is that one shots become overkill with less hps. As teammate is doomed anyway, even with lower damage.