Have you PLAYED this thing recently?`

What the heck is going on with OW ranked?

Every single one of my friends, which i have a lot, is down like 500 SR below every single season ever. I’m in Silver? Usually Plat/high gold. And… these are not silver players in these silver games. None of them. At least in my games. And since the game forces an “even match” each game, it seems MY silver is harder than my noob friend silver. These are smurfs, or hardcore players on their 3rd, 4th accounts.

Experienced, good players who regularly are in Plat for 15 seasons… struggling to keep Gold? Dropping into Silver? EVERY PERSON I KNOW?

This happened just recently, in the past couple of weeks or so. Just unwinnable games all around.

I’ve got a lot of hours in this game, and seen everything. All i can say is…

WHAT THE F IS THIS.

It’s not me or my play. It’s every single one of my friends. They changed something. And before you say i’m imagining things, well, i imagined the 50% chance to win crap well before they even said anything about it.

If you’re perceptive, you can SEE the that something is F’d up.

12 Likes

I dropped from near 3k which I climbed to a few seasons ago to almost 1800 this season. Climbed back with Reaper maining to over 2k at least though just last night alone. But yeah, at least half of the players in this game are total garbage, so you need to carry hard to get to a rank where not everyone is braindead and the matches won’t always be a steamroll coinflip of who ended up with the most bad players on the team that game.

3 Likes

It just seems REALLY out of the ordinary that all the sudden guys i’ve played, had as friends up in Plat are now down in Silver and finding the games to just, well, exactly like the Plat games.

To me it seems like the ranks don’t even matter any more, at least the lower ranks. It’s just a bunch of hardcore players on alt accounts, mixed in with some truly new players. And when the game tries SO hard to make an even match with a 50% chance to win each game, then you don’t even get to play what i’d consider REAL silver players. You end up playing all smurfs or alt accounts. So, Silver feels the same as Gold or what i remember Plat being just like two seasons ago.

Very strange.

Maybe that’s just how it is. Game is older so now all ranks are tough. BUT… i feel like it might need an adjustment then because it’s just no fun to play at TWO ranks below what you’d usually play at, but it’s the same difficulty.

4 Likes

It’s really going downhill.

I feel like it’s falling apart while Blizz is looking elsewhere, they’ve been really quiet on the front of the game’s health recently.

2 Likes

It might seem strange, but it’s completely natural. See, the rest of the player base was improving while the people you play with were just playing the same way the always did.

Improve and you’ll climb. It takes effort.

4 Likes

It’s honestly starting to sound like Ranked (of all places) is just as bad if not worse than Quickplay.

1 Like

I’ll second this sentiment. I was at 3k earlier this season. I’m fighting to stay out of gold right now.

4 Likes

Probably its related to fact that QP has much shorter queue time since not so long ago.
MM more loose now? Since the last few patches?

1 Like

Maybe since workshop came out, all that’s left playing Ranked are the hardcore players on their 3rd accounts? I have no clue, but something is really weird. Unwinnable games at F’ing 1800? I’ve been 2800 and not seen games this rough.

If this is something more people are seeing, i think Blizz is gonna see a LOT of people uninstalling.

2 Likes

Community is simply getting better overal while you and your friends are not getting better as the rest. Low plat 3 years ago is probably what it high silver these days.

I am able to maintain my elo still without problems. And actualy one of my friends recently made it to masters for the first time.

If your friends struggling to be in plat, they dont belong there anymore. I am mid-high plat player now and there is no way i would drop to gold on my main acc where i play my main heroes.

4 Likes

How does that explain a 500 SR offset within a single season? 50, sure, but 500?

1 Like

As i said, if he lost 500 he probably dont belong in a sr he was before.

You have to take into consideration people rarely say whole truth in here. We dont know all the facts and information how did he drop. And how his friends drop. We didnt see the games.

When i look into my friend list, a lot of friends are lower while a lot of others are higher. Do we play different game? I dont think so.

3 Likes

Lol, no wonder you dropped so much. Now we probably know why, because you are toxic person. I was only trying to be honest. If i am not diamond, i dont belong in diamond, period. So its like that for everyone, you dont have to be angry about it.

The fact you were 2500 three years doesnt say anything. You are not there anymore so clearly you dont belong there now.

2 Likes

If you can’t sustain 2500 now then you don’t deserve it. Everyone else was getting better, maybe you should focus on getting better too.

2 Likes

You two Blizzard employees?

Funny because i have TWO other accounts right now about 2200. Not super, but certainly not 1800.

I’m not a toxic player, it’s you guys who constantly enter these threads and preach some BS about people imagining things.

I guess that means when you play, all you ever do is preach to people every time they die that it was THEIR fault and they don’t belong in that rank, huh? Assuming your forum posts are exactly how you are in-game. Must be torture to play with you two, constantly reminding everyone that its their fault they lost.

2 Likes

Nope, what is it with salty people accusing me of being a shill? lol

You honestly believe there’s any practical difference between 2200 and 1800? Sure, a team of 2200s would probably win against a team of 1800s, but as for an individual rank it’s basically miniscule. Now if you had a 4700 account and another that you couldn’t get past 4300, that might be significant but probably not even then.

Get good.

3 Likes

Huh? That logic was all over the place. That is probably why people keep accusing you of being a shill. It is really one of the only explanations to defend this wonky perspective of yours.

1 Like

No i am not blizz emploeey, i am not rven fan boy of them. I would make a lot of changes to ow competitive becasuse its hardly perfect. But we are talking about climbing and maintaining rank.

Yes you have two more accounts 300 lower than your 2500 main was. How is it related to it?

Yes you are toxic, i didnt insult you anywhere and you told me i am idiot and f u. Thats toxic and rude. I am constantly trying to help others on this forum with tips, advice or offering coaching. I dont remember soneone ever told me something like you did, its pretty toxic to me. And i am pretty sure you can be like this even in games. I know it because i have friend who belong in diamond by skill but dropped a lot while he was toxic.

If you want to see how i am in game, you can see it here.

Usualy i am very friendly, but i am not saint, sometimes i can be little toxic too. But i dont have problem to admit it. I occasionaly comment others but not really often because i know its not helping me in any way.

3 Likes

could you imagine if people started to knock out the t500 because they are getting good.
Have you noticed that OWL doesn’t really change players since it came out.
Ever noticed that people that get close to the top, seem to get knocked down hard and wonder what happened.
Blizzard allows smurfing/de-ranking to make sure people are not stepping on the toes of the top players they contract. Also to get people who cant SR level to buy new accounts as people believe with a new account things will be different.
But we will never know why the game is like it is, people can say all sorts of things about it, blame everything etc, but in the end you are to blame for chasing the MMR/SR/PBSR, STOP CHASING IT, there are no incentives, it sets you up for toxicity, it sets you up to buy a new account to try for a different outcome from your main.

2 Likes

This season was the first since season 10 or so that I dropped about 400 SR to gold…
Got back up, hardstuck plat again :smile: