Have you gotten in?

I think it’s safe to say that’s the case. Which sucks even more given they VERY strongly encouraged us to do all of this BS and sync accounts and add a phone number and buy this pack. And then fans that actually did all of that can’t even play on launch day and/or have their accounts reset. Really lame.

3 Likes

I was able to get in and play for a bit but it just kicked me out it keeps doing that

It’s been 9 hours sad

I don’t ever go back to the queue. Just the cycle of searching for server, then error, then searching for server.

1 Like

Would love to know if this will be a thing.

1 Like

Absolutely terrible launch of yet another Blizzard game. You’d think with their billions of dollars and years of experience they’d learn and invest in better servers and stability on top of anti DDOS measures. But nope, we get a barely hyped game launch that still flatlines for most who even cared.

3 Likes

this is just sad atp. I would have excused a couple of hours but 9 hours for 0 updates??? do yall want this game to fail?

3 Likes

Well, i’m surprised it worked but changing region to asia let me get in with almost no delay… At least it’s only the America’s being DDoS’d :stuck_out_tongue:

They posted on twitter that there’s a DDoS attack. Change your region to asia and you should be able to get in.

1 Like

I havent played the game…

It’s not a DDoS. DDoS attacks rarely last longer than 10 minutes, especially with a major corporation like Blizzard, it’s absolutely not a DDoS attack. The number of countermeasures a multibillion dollar company would have make it not only difficult to start, but difficult to maintain.

It’s not a DDoS, something else went wrong and it’s likely just ineptitude and unpreparedness which is inexcusable considering they knew exactly when people would start logging in

6 Likes

I was able to get in bout 45 min ago, played 3 games, no issues, no disconnects

Been trying to login on Xbox series x with no luck the whole day I’m in California tho, I also asked for this special day off from work, my heart is with you devs, you don’t deserve this from all your hard work

Can someone PLEASE let me know what the login process is supposed to be like? I get down to 0 players, then have to enter username and password, then authenticator. Then it gives me the endless server error loop until I hit cancel and do this all over again. This on on PC. My friends can get in with no issues. Does everyone else get the screen to enter username/password/authenticator? Or is there something wrong with my install? Been at this for 5 hours with no luck.

2 Likes

Dang its 9 PM here on the west coast, and you still at work? Are they cracking the whip at everyone in blizz HQ?

1 Like

Had to laugh watching ML7 not being able to get into a game on his Twitch stream.
He actually called this release “a success” OMG what has he been smoking.

It almost feels like the game is toying with me at this point. Finished an exhausting day of work, come home to play the game and then I get hit with the queue wall. After HOURS of waiting I finally get through and just as the match I queue for starts I get disconnected. Now I’m stuck in a loop of starting at 299, going to zero, and then back to 20,000 players before me. What’s worse is that I’m on console so I don’t have access to the PC workarounds that’ve been discovered. Overall this launch has been very disappointing.

Nope being waiting for HOURS. Find it funny how all the streamers have no problems in playing though…

Edit: it’s now been OVER 24hrs HOURS. Still have not got into one game, fix the bs blizzard as if you didn’t prepare for this with all the other big free to play games such as apex. Pathetic

2 Likes

Hey AndyB, thanks for sticking around, and hope things aren’t too stressful. Working release days can really suck ><

I have played about 10 games today agter several waits and a few dc which results in more waits…
But now i get a countdown of 200 players ahead of you 100 ahead of you 90 80 70 60 50 40 30 20 10 0 players ahead of you then a failure to connect rinse and repeat
This is on xbox which still has none of my cosmetics (2000 hrs worth in ow1) and i only had access to junkerqueen for the first 2 games…after the first dc i havent been able to select her or kiriko or sojourn since…