Has this game devolved into McCree v McCree?

Seems like McCree is running rampant. Every game is the shootout at the OK corral. I know he’s over buffed, but when do you just pull up a chair and watch them go at it? The winner gets the point and the loser regroups?

9 Likes

I agree with you but the OK corral reference made me chuckle

Listen if I wasn’t getting use out of McCree in bronze then I wouldn’t be using him. He’s just that busted.

6 Likes

Yes, McCree is in every match and is in need of nerfs. Game needs less one shots in it

1 Like

Mccree only dominates the forums, in comp I see him maybe 20% more than usual. Vocal minorities, as always.

4 Likes

I don’t know about comp. I’m in Qp because I’m pressed for time. But, I had 8 matches and every one of them had McCree. I heard “It’s High Noon” so much that Lee Van Cleef, Clint Eastwood, and Eli Wallach woke from the grave.

2 Likes

This has always been a huge part of the game

Meta vs the exact same meta

And these same people complain about “one tricks” while playing the exact same heroes for 6 months cause they’re “meta”

Guy who play Rein 500 hours in 1 season and like 2 hours in someone else

“OMG WE GOT SYM 1 TRICK REPORT HER PLS”

2 Likes

And people still don’t play dva when they think DPS are doing too much

1 Like

I really love these forum disasters :
“5 DPS in every match REEEEE please role queue”
“McCree in every match REEEEEE please nerf”
I must say, y’all have a very interesting game in your imagination, wish I could join it too to check it out.

2 Likes

Tell mme whrn and on what server you play… that sounds peaceful there… I see him in every match I play even more thsn Rein, Zarya or even Ana… send help please.

1 Like

All I see is a bunch of hyperbole. If your team is just watching the McCrees fight and do nothing, you deserve to lose.

2 Likes

Addendum to the “Bronze McCree” posting: you know who else is a menace? Echo. Genuinely, I don’t play her. But I started using her in comp and it turns out she’s just as broken too. Like a better Pharah.

…god I feel bad for Pharah by comparison, her flight feels so clunky.

I’d love to see the profiles of everyone that says or implies that “I don’t normally play McCree, but he’s busted because every time I pick him I win!”

Oh wait, I can. :thinking:

Overbuff says he’s got a sub-50% ladder win-rate and his pick-rate hasn’t ever been high enough to normalize his win-rate. And with that sub-50% win-rate, that means he’s losing the matches he isn’t mirrored in :grimacing:

What a powerhouse!

edit: Hi Toast! Old Junkrat’s doing fairly well in GM these days, isn’t he?

1 Like

Imgur

Dps hero having the third highest pickrate and being picked more than any support.

Totally normal

Clearly it’s just our imagination :roll_eyes:

I’ve always said that Junk is fine :man_shrugging: Not sure what your point is?

2 Likes

His actual stats (in-game output) aren’t out of line. So his pick-rate isn’t a problem unless you just plain don’t want to see him. Which is a valid reason to not like McCree, but not a great reason to nerf him.

Ask the posters that claim that McCree hard-counters heroes like Rat. McCree players in GM can aim and position, yet Junkrat is doing okay. That doesn’t sound like he’s suppressing the rest of the cast. But it does seem like there is a LOT of conjecture about what McCree does to the game, and very few facts to back up the conjecture.

Edit: You could have said hello back you know…

Stats dont tell the story on value. For example, you cant measure peeling with stats.

I’m fine with seeing Mccree. It’s just denying reality to act like everyone isn’t playing him because they think he’s the best pick in almost every situation.

He does counter Junk. Junk is himself fine in high ranks and his power on maps such as Anubis helps his viability and pickrate. It’s also worth pointing out that Junks pickrate is currently inflated by an unusual spike at the start of the month.

Imgur

Once that falls off the monthly data he’ll be back to around a 1% pickrate. That doesn’t mean that he needs buffs though. His power is fine where it is.

He does suppress a lot of the cast though. He’s always been an extremely common counterpick for a lot of the dps roster. Him having such an enormous pickrate does drastically decrease the viability of a lot of heroes and yes, I do include Junk in that although nowhere near as severely as some other heroes.

Hey Ryom.

1 Like

The better question is why do players feel like nobody else has a favorable match-up spread? Is McCree too strong, or are the other heroes too weak?

Shields being nuked has had massive consequences. The hitscan fiesta starting immediately after those nerfs wasn’t coincidence. It’s partly what pushed Ashe and then Mccree so far over the edge from fine into being overpowered.

Shield nerfs were enormous hitscan buffs. Dps heroes aren’t balanced in a vacuum and sadly it looks like Blizzard forgotten that.

It’s not one or the other. We can buff other heroes to compete with Mccree for sure. It just makes more sense to nerf him because it’s less likely to have unintended consequences compared to buffing the majority of the dps roster at the same time.

Hitscan power has generally dropped outside of the fall-off buff (so that they could contest Widow better, so that was a hidden Widow nerf). Soldier went 20->19 damage, FTH isn’t full-damage and it’d take massive nerfs to actually move the needle on its overall output.

Ashe was nerfed, Widow was nerfed.

In a vacuum, yes.

Dont underestimate how massive shields now having decreased uptime is for consistency for hitscans. Compared to that, the nerfs hitscans received were relatively minor and it’s shown in the coming up to 1+ year of hitscan dominance.