Has server crashing been decreased heavily?

I remember trying to load a preset that would most likely crash if I went into the workshop editor (in the lobby). I had to make it to 1 spectator (assuming this would stress the game out less than looking for 5 other people) However, after this update, it hasn’t crashed yet. Even in game with code being used, and with other players. There may be a time were I accidentally naturally just go into the editor in game to make changes, and I would not crash. I’d said before the update, 80/100 chance to crash stacking with other times I had to play test/edit.

1 Like

They’ve added many optimizations, and you can also disable the workshop inspector to further help.

Full list of this update is here:

For me, the recent workshop update has been a life saver. Both of my complex RPG modes stopped crashing and have never crashed again since the update (I optimized the scripts while the update was on PTR already; the hints on how to optimize a script were also extremely helpful). The biggest problem workshop had for me before, was crashes that happened when changing values in mid-sized to large arrays. That problem is completely gone now! Disabling the inspector tool helps to keep the server load even lower. If, Else if, Else, For, and While are really helpful as well. It was a fantastic update for me :slight_smile: (The only hard limit I feel now is the maximum script size.)