Has anyone been getting this "goblin zone" glitch?

Hey everyone

I’ve been playing a lot of Overwatch 2 lately, and I’ve noticed something strange happening. Sometimes, when I’m in the middle of a game, I’ll suddenly get teleported to a strange zone filled with weird creatures.

The first time it happened, I was really confused. I thought maybe my game had glitched or something. But then I started noticing that other players were getting teleported to the goblin zone too. It’s like some kind of evil and twisted version of the map you’re currently playing.

The creatures in the goblin zone are really something else. They’re these weird little goblin-like creatures that scuttle around on all fours and make these creepy little noises.

I don’t mind it all that much, but the problem is that when you get teleported back to the regular game, you’re often in a really bad spot. You might be surrounded by enemies or stuck in the middle of a firefight. It’s really not fair.

I don’t know if this is some kind of bug or what, but I hope Blizzard fixes it soon. The goblin zone is cool and all, but I don’t want to keep getting teleported there in the middle of a match. It’s just too distracting.

20 Likes

The goblins’ joints are all wrong. Knees and elbows aren’t meant to bend that way.

8 Likes

That’s because Mercy went through and broke all the goblins limbs to force them to pay for her highly inflated medical bills. They actually had normal limbs before Mercy arrived.

6 Likes

Things from the code base have started to leak, I warned them about this… soon the matchmaker who has been gathering power all this time will rise up as a dark twisted god.

I’m not at all sure the bindings will hold it much longer.

6 Likes

What “goblin zone” are you referring to?

2 Likes

It is a nsfw trope, surely.

2 Likes

It’s not like a specific location or anything. It’s like a twisted and evil version of the map you’re playing on. The environment is darker and more ominous, and there are all these little goblin creatures running around on all fours.

The thing that’s really weird about the goblin zone is that the little creatures will start following you around non-stop. They won’t attack you or anything, but they’ll just kind of lurk around in the shadows and make you feel like you’re being watched.

As for which maps the goblin zone can appear on, it really just depends. I’ve encountered it on a bunch of different maps, like King’s Row, Hanamura, and Lijiang Tower.

6 Likes

Can we contain it? Does it harm anyone?

3 Likes

The goblin creatures just sort of follow you around and stare at you with their beady little eyes. It’s actually kind of funny, to be honest.

However, the goblin zone can definitely be annoying, because it has a tendency to teleport you back to where you were before. And sometimes, that means you’ll end up right in the middle of a group of enemies, which can be pretty frustrating. So, while the goblin zone is definitely entertaining, it can also be a bit of a pain in the butt.

Personally, I think Blizzard should look into fixing the teleportation issue with the goblin zone.

6 Likes

I duno mate, when last time i was in the goblin zone i had pink Mercy skin on my Mercy. Creatures were pretty nice and sounded like little kittens

How interesting! If your character is being “teleported” to this “strange zone” of yours…

You don’t mind dropping one yof two Replay codes so we can see it ourselves, don’t you?

1 Like

I get it sometimes I figured it was just a driver issue

4 Likes

can we get screenshots or it didn’t happen

I think I fell for this :cold_sweat:

3 Likes

What is this backrooms/SCP tale I read?

Don’t need to, classified as “safe” by SCP Foundation.

4 Likes

slander.
its cost of safety else you end up a freak like reaper if you go to moria’s lab.

quality of service is = to price.

2 Likes

Those probably aren’t goblins, but little orcs, that appeared as result of Sauron experiments and now wait for ultimate healer, that can return them to their normal form. But even Mercy or TF2 Medic can’t remove magical curses.

2 Likes

Overwatch still has some remaining code from world of warcraft, which causes issues like this to pop up.

3 Likes

I had this happen earlier. It’s really annoying if you’re playing a support and now your team is at a disadvantage because of the goblin zone. Hopefully the devs put in a fix because the creatures are kinda unnerving, especially when you’re cornered and all they do is stare at you and breathe.

2 Likes

No, that’s never happened to me…