Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling

Hi guys, I’m doing this post because I wanted to ask people who play competitively if they have Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling enabled in Windows and if they use it, what benefits or cons do they notice.

Personally when I activate that option the aim feels strange

1 Like

I know about some issues related with stream, dual screens and high gpu usage. It’s a experimental mode for compatible products(could be driver issue too). Also because gives the vram handling to gpu, sometimes can cause errors like “out of video memory / out of memory” on applications. If you running any issue with the feature I strongly recommend disable it. I know that most of these problems happens on NVIDIA GPUs so maybe your problem lays in there.

EDIT:
Try to check the know issues about the current drivers of your GPU, could help you to know better about it. Also try to update your operating system, maybe can solve the issue too.

1 Like

Personally I feel like I activated vsync. I have everything updated but I think I will have to play with that option disabled because I feel that the aim changes a lot. For that reason I created the post to see if everyone felt the same.

I use NVIDIA gpu, dual screen, with improved pointer precision with a microsoft wireless mouse(part of comfort combo). I had any issue (sometimes feels weird when NVIDIA Overlay kicks in, when a open a compatible software, but it’s like 1 second and then everything goes normal). But I suffered the issue of “out of video memory / out of memory” one or two times.

You use “Improved pointer precision” under mouse settings? Or have a custom brand mouse with proprietary software? A lot of things can generate conflcts, also some people had issues with NVIDIA gpus and their mouses with that feature on.

I would try to test one by one, to diagnose this situation. Only happens on overwatch or other things too? Some people had some performance and network issues with recent overwatch updates.

It’s a bit hard to narrow down something. I suggested disable it because can be a temporary solution until some fix happen(on one of those parts) if the Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling doesn’t making too much impact on your PC.

I know that not helps much but it’s a bit hard to narrow down without additional details. Could be a OS issue, 3rd part software, driver issue and so on. I saw some issues on this feature in the past, but some just vanished others appears to stayed.

It’s good that you bring the issue here, but could help the tech support to help you better, try follow some tips on: https://us.battle.net/support/en/games/overwatch or open a ticket, maybe they could provide better assistance than me.