Hanzo's Storm arrows nerfed to 70 damage to protect Tracer

at this point just remove every hero except tracer. rename it to 50 shades of tracer.

3 Likes

No, generally the combo is considered Bash + Swing + Whip. Adding in the swing beforehand is her extended combo but is only really good against lower-mobility heroes since Tracer can just Blink away before you get to step 2.

1 Like

But… Scatter was insane to all enemies, even tanks. That’s why it got replaced.

I dont think this nerf was only done to remove a counter to Tracer. He could also one shot 200 HP heroes if he was damage boosted according to the developer comment. I think what they meant was that the nerf was intended to remove the one shot potential of Storm Arrow for 200HP heroes AND for 150HP heroes like Tracer and Baby Dva.

I agree with you that the Brigitte nerfs are questionable.

Hanzo is still one of the most overtuned BS characters in the game though

7 Likes

I think if they did this tracer would no longer counter hanzo as she should. I am a die hard hanzo fan (one trick 140 hours omegalul), but this would be a bit much for hanzo as hes in a good spot right now.

Nerfing the damage to 75 instead of 70 would of achieved the same thing. He wouldn’t be able to damage boost + headshot 200hp heroes.

The only reason that Hanzo’s storm arrows were nerfed to 70 instead of 75 is to protect Tracer

3 Likes

Hanzo should never NEVER one shot anything, leave that to Widow only.

He is broken and completely deleted Reaper/Junkrat/S76 from the game since his rework arrived.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure how this is a controversial statement when the devs state it in the post you cited… Storm Arrow damage was reduced to 70 so it couldn’t OHKO Tracer and Baby DVa. Full stop.

3 Likes

Preach itttt

1 Like

I don’t know. This sounds a bit far-fetched if you’d ask me.

I think they just don’t want Storm Arrows to one shot heroes, including 150 HP heroes like Tracer and Baby Dva. I’m not against this.

But who knows. You could be right.

And also because storm arrow was able to one shot when damage boosted. Love how you ignore that part to push your agenda.

Dude, if your team can’t help you do 5 damage, she deserves to live.

2 Likes

Sure you might be right, it doesn’t take away from the fact that the devs are protecting Tracer then! :sweat_smile:

The devs are directly removing something that was very strong against Tracer and now they are doing the same again with Brigitte.

Sure, always Tracer ruining the game…

Hanzo melting tanks with it, had nothing to do with the nerf.

Hanzo still melts tanks with it. It does 420 damage (nice) before crits :man_shrugging: The only thing he can’t do is A) damage boost to OHKO 200 HP enemies, and B) OHKO Tracer/Baby DVa. To achieve A, you have to reduce the damage to ~76 or less. To achieve B, you can to reduce damage to 74 or less.

If the problem was him melting tanks, why not just cut the number of Storm Arrows to 4? If they were just gunning to stop the damage-boost OHKO, why not nerf to 75?

They very explicitly say: we nerfed the damage to 70 because, in addition to blocking the OHKO damage boost, it stops Hanzo from one-shotting Tracer and Baby DVa.

There were tons of ways of nerfing Hanzo without affecting his interaction with Tracer.

If for example they reduced the number of shots you get with Storm arrows, it would of actually nerfed Hanzo’s potential damage even more than what we have now. The devs chose not to do this but instead nerfed him in a way to protect Tracer, they obviously don’t give a damn about Hanzo being able to melt tanks but Hanzo being good against Tracer is must no!

1 Like

Does not matter what the motivation was. Storm arrows are still too strong.

1 Like

Which no one is contesting that it was too strong… Ryzik is simply pointing out that the way in which they nerfed it very specifically enumerates protecting Tracer from the OHKO as a reason, and he is stating that this reason is bad and that Storm Arrows should have been nerfed differently

This isn’t about whether or not Storm Arrows was or is too strong. It’s about how it was nerfed.

2 Likes

Thank you!!! :laughing:

1 Like

And it really should not oneshot Tracer. The spamzo is already random enough, let alone if he had a machine gun, that could get even more accidental headshots.