Hanzo's Storm Arrows are INSANE

Honestly Sombra was in a good place before brigitte came out. If you look at pick rates in Stage 3 OWL (which is playing post Sombra rework and LoS / 2 second changes, but before Brigitte), Sombra is on par with the majority of heroes in the 5-15% pick rate range (only widow, and the dive heroes are above that range).

She’s just really bad against armor. Hopefully the coming nerfs to Brigitte’s ult will help Sombra out a little.

1 Like

Ha ha ha… Half of the storms arrows to the body for Tracer. They are bringing her back, boys! In all seriousness, I do not mind too much.

1 Like

Don’t worry Geoff, I’ll keep a “close eye” on his ultimate charge! :wink:

10 Likes

Same here, us Sombra mains will make sure his Ultimate Charge rate “lands in a good place” for ya, Geoff! Lets just hope H4CK3D’s “close eye” isn’t made of glass like some peoples, am I right, Geoff? :wink:

5 Likes

I was actually hoping for longer CD and shorter duration than damage reduction, so bad Hanzo players like me can’t just spam the skill. It feels too rewarding but I guess we’ll see how it goes with the damage reduction.

I feel bad getting on about this after finally getting buffs but… I knew she was going to drop after the honeymoon period and I’m pretty disappointed that we’ve heard no word on her situation since.

I was okay with the nerfs, which I really didn’t think she needed but was willing to concede she was obnoxious without them, with the promise that you’d keep an eye on her and make sure she didn’t drop right back to the bottom. She was high-mid tier before the nerfs and you pushed them to live without even ptr testing because??? Your infamously immature pro scene had a bad kneejerk reaction to it?? Come on.

4 Likes

:thinking: I see we’re losing our real Tracer counter pretty quickly.

11 Likes

Are you guys ok with how Hanzo can close gaps forward with lunge?

Storm arrows one-shots function as a far better Tracer deterrent than Bridge ever would.

1 Like

Youve got enough of them I think, you can still bodyshot and punch her which has been enough for all this time

1 Like

I’ll pester you about Sombrero too

Pls Geoff, tell us that you guys are planning some fixes for her D:

3 Likes

Is there any reason for Brigitte’s abilities cool down times and damage numbers being much more powerful than their DPS counterparts?

Brigitte vs McCree
Shield bash:

• Cool down - 5 seconds
  • Damage - 50
  • Duration - 1 second stun

Flashbang:

• Cool down - 10 seconds
  • Damage - 25
  • Duration - 0.7 second stun

Brigitte vs Pharah

Whip Shot:

• Cool down - 4 seconds
  • Damage - 70
  • Projectile speed - 40 meters per second

Concussive Blast:

• Cool down - 12 seconds
  • Damage - 0
  • Projectile speed - 50 meters per second
5 Likes

So. Scatter Arrow was on a 10 second cooldown was it not?

Instead of changing the damage (which was fine btw) why would you not just put Storm Arrows on a 10-12 second cooldown? If that isn’t enough reduce the amount of time he has the Storm Arrows available.

Again. Another change I legitimately don’t understand.

If damage boosting is such a problem in this game, why don’t you just remove damage boosting?

6 Likes

Fantastic.

Personally I wasn’t going to be able to headshot Tracers anyways. Like ever. In a million years.

Probably kinda stings for people actually good with twitch aim.

But the best of all? We can now move on to the next boogieman. Who do we call for nerfs next?

1 Like

Because dmg boost is more iconic for their characters than oneshotting tracer

Alright tracer, Hanzo is good to feed you again.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t miss damage boost if that meant that it makes balancing the game easier.

Don’t even talk about iconic. Mass Rez was iconic. Now we have spectator mode ult

6 Likes

Leave lunge! It’s seriously the one ability I love most of all as is. I enjoy having the ability to escape death.

1 Like

He output as much damage as Junkrat in gm, and nets 40% more kills. Hes driven down Junkrat and Reaper who were very clearly what you expected to try and counter a shield comp, and instead has taken over that position.

We would appreciate it if you took a good look at pulling Spamzo back.

good thing you took some time out of watching sombra landing in a good place for making changes to other heroes :+1:

4 Likes