Hanzo's Storm Arrows are INSANE

Storm arrow turns you into zen for a few seconds then it’s over

Simple way to look at it and he should be fine with a nerf and you’re all going to have to aim at the head

He should still be in a good place

1 Like

The only thing that made Hanzo semi viable before was scatter which was too random.

Hanzo is meant to fulfill a defensive role, and his primary fire isn’t sufficient in itself to do that, even with scatter he couldn’t really ‘zone’ people.

So whatever his secondary fire ability was, it would need to allow him to fulfill his role ‘zoning/area denial’.

With too high a cooldown, he becomes too random and more often than not may not have the ability available when a push comes through.

With that in mind, and trying to avoid destroying the hero concept by giving him an aoe or equivalent with his primary fire he needs to lean on his secondary.

I think the current rework was a success, just needed a little tweaking.

70 damage is still considerable and yet gives everyone that slightly higher chance of survival, almost equates to 1 less arrow from before at the same time as reducing the rate he gets his ult.

I’m really interested to see how it plays out myself.

But Brigitte will still be able to low-skill combo a tracer? Not that I don’t think these are good changes but Hanzo is not the most frustrating thing about this game right now.

I called it though.

I wouldn’t be surprised if hanzo or mei get nerfed before brigitte.

Hanzo is meant to fulfill a defensive role

Anytime I hear anyone talking about DPS like they’re meant for either attack or defense because of blizzards categories I just instantly stop reading and dismiss everything they say.

More fool you.

Yes some of the things I type or say are wrong or misguided, and I am happy to admit that. But more fool the one who assumes everyone they interact with is right 100% of the time and if they aren’t has nothing valid to say…

Hanzos arrows are literally tied as the smallest projectiles in the entire game. This has been confirmed by the developers.

2 Likes

So we are reducing his potential hitkill when damage boosted while zenyatta right click does the same thing basically, McCree has stun+right click that can kill any 200hp hero and Doomfist with one punch kill and uppercut + lmb killing most of the 200hp heroes :thinking: whats next? Nerf widowmaker headshot damage as well?

2 Likes

Storm Arrow isn’t a one-shot ability, it fires six individual arrows.

It’s one of the most powerful abilities in the game, but describing it as a one-shot is unfair and untrue.

1 Like

If they make it so its only 70 damage than Tracers can run circles around Hanzo all day long. It needs to be 75, its stupid to remove scatter (his anti Tracer move) and not give him another ability to compensate for it. Now all i can do i shoot+melee combo. She is not easy to headshot, especially if theyre skilled. I play mostly deathmatch so i cant count on matchmaking to give me equal skilled Tracers.

2 Likes

While at one point I agreed that removing scatter was stupid for similar reasons as you, I’ve really come to realize that scatter wasn’t actually all that useful at killing Tracers or Genjis. They just danced around it and melted you into a puddle before you could adjust your aim. At least Storm Arrow gives you multiple opportunities to hit them, rather than a situation where you have one-shot and if you miss you’re screwed.

Even as someone who loves playing Hanzo, I can acknowledge that Tracer is meant to counter him, and despite that we still have a powerful burst ability and increased mobility to escape now. I like this version better.

Just no more nerfs please, Blizzard. Hanzo is allowed to be strong and viable.

2 Likes

Sure, make his bow entirely hitscan and you have a deal.

And he doesn’t have all the advantages of being a sniper. He has no zooming capability on his weapon, and he doesn’t do the single-target primary damage that Widowmaker does. As of course, being a projectile characters, means his crosshair isn’t nearly as reliable.

2 Likes

He does more damage than Widow (125 versus 120). Widow only does more than him if she secures a head shot.

1 Like

Once again illustrating how she is more of a traditional sniper, while he is more appropriately a mid-range marksman. But that’s a good point, yes.

1 Like

But he can still kill most heroes with one shot to the head with his primary. That’s zoning AND a lot of single-target primary damage.

1 Like

Yea it’s been pretty crazy playing Orisa, DVa and Rein. He just shows up and you’re dead.

I used to feel bad about all of the hate that Hanzo got, I liked his character and while I didn’t like scatter shot it seems like they replaced one bag of BS with another.

3 Likes

it seems like his arrows can find a players head hitbox, without Hanzo even aiming.

Fires at the wall, headshot.
Fires straight up, headshot.
Doesn’t fire at all, headshot.

4 Likes

It’s 5 points which doesn’t cross any significant breakpoints. The higher headshot multiplier more than makes up for it since she reaches her alpha strike potential much sooner.

Technically it can 1-shot tracers and baby d.vas or 200hp heroes if he has a damage boost.

1 Like

Isn’t tracer supposed to be a counter to snipers? I’m curious. And his hitbox is insane. You just have to work on your muscle memory and wrist flick and you’ll be ok

1 Like

Because he’s not a “DPS” hes a defender. He shouldn’t kill everything he aims at especially with just 2 rapid arrows.