Hanzo's scatter arrow and how cosmetic Items are going to be replaced

reaper was changed and his souls where never removed from career profile pics, and from sprays so no he won’t

You’re right, I just looked through and he doesn’t have anything showcasing scattershot except his selection screen stance, which they could change easily I imagine. Looks like it’s a moot point!

from a technical standpoint they have to. they ran out of ability keys and had to bind a new ability to the reload key.

I think they could add scatter arrow and sonic arrow to the same key. Every time you presses shift it would cycle though sonic to scatter to regular arrow. They would share a cooldown so you’d have to decide which to use. Scatter arrow would have to have its damage nerfed. This is just my personal idea of how I’d keep it and I’ve mentioned it already on this thread so I’d like to stop talking about it.

Exactly. It will have the intended use of scatter but not the extreme damage and it actually relies on well executed trickshots instead of a bit of RNG plus he still has his iconic line: “Simple Geometey”

1 Like

I’d like it too but the power level of hanzo would most likely sky rocket with everything they are adding

-Less curve on arrows
-horizontal leap
-Rapid fire
-Lower cd on sonic arrow

plus all the strenghts that hanzo already has like dealing 250 dmg from a single headshot or charging his ult with 5 headshots or wall climb or infinite ammo.

Scatter being iconic is the worse excuse to keep it around, I would love it if they made it work but at this point it’s highly unlikely

1 Like

Really? His most iconic is Dragons in my opinion, and scatter isn’t as “iconic” as one may thing it is. I didn’t pick Hanzo to be my main because I was like “I am gonna scatter arrow people” it was more so I can shoot dragons from hiding places where they’d least expect it.

Scatter for me, is a “Please go away from me” ability. It was mostly used for self-defense rather than anything else, and even then it was inconsistent. With Rapid-fire whether I life or die is more in my hands rather than the bounce of the arrow and I am looking forward to that.

2 Likes

Yeah I was being very dumb not research the subject before posting the thread.

Also thank you @Caliginous for the info because I didn’t know the curve was being changed

I’m saying it’s just really weird to watch the Dragon’s short or see him use it in heroes of the storm but not actually have it exist anymore. I’m not expecting the developers to actually listen to my words but it’s the only way I know how to express my opinions and worries and I’m hoping somehow the developers can at least think about it. I don’t expect you to agree with me I just wanted to post my opinions on a thread so people can read it. You personally don’t have to respond to it.

uh, it’s called a discussion because people answer to stuff, if you can’t deal with other’s opinions then don’t post?

whatever, scatter being on every other media means nothing, I mean, Widow can’t hang from her hook and Reinhardt cannot weild two hammers, Hanzo being unable to throw scatter arrow is the least of concerns

Widow does hang from her hook in her highlight intro and she still uses then grappling hook itself. And I posted my opinion because i was hoping a developer would see and at least think about but you seem to just want to shut it down.

she doesn’t uses it like that though, I mean, have you seen a widow upside down on a game???

I’ll remind you that if developers were to look at your suggestion and like it, there would be zero chances of us convincing them of the contrary, as a matter of fact, every and all answer bumps this thread towards the top and makes it more likely for a developer to see it, so, you’re welcome

I know that the developers want to remove scatter arrow and people keep telling me that and I know! That’s why i was posting my opinion on it because i I don’t want it removed. So people that keep telling me that the developers want to remove it aren’t actually saying anything I don’t actually know. If didn’t think that there was a chance of it being removed then I wouldn’t have said anything. Also the difference between widow hanging upside and Hanzo using scatter arrow is that widow has never done that in the game ever while hanzo has been using scatter arrow in the game for over a year. So it’s more noticeable when Hanzo uses scatter arrow because we’re used to scatter arrow being an actual ability he uses in the game.

I have to got to eat dinner so I’m done talking about this. We both have different opinions on scatter arrow so you can have your opinion and I have mine. Let’s just agree to disagree if that’s ok cause I’m tired of talking about this.

So you’re suggesting that they should add both of these new abilities, which will soon hit PTR according to Geoff, I believe, AND leave scatter there, which is the reason they’re reworking him? Nah, that’s not happening.

Also, it had to be either removed or nerfed.
I love Hanzo, I even have a golden bow, but damn that ability is BS.

I already said that I wanted scatter arrow to be nerfed not removed. Ive been telling people to stop just responding to my posts with “nah that’s not happening” I didn’t post my opinion just so everyone can shot it down. I just wanted to post it so a developer might see it. I don’t want to spend all day arguing about it I’m getting tired of spending an hour on this board. You know you can just ignore my posts. I know it’s a discussion but I’ve been talking about it for an hour and I just want to stop

Noone forced you to respond you know.

And nerfing Scatter is tricky. Now it can sometimes do it’s job, which is killing around the corner, but it’s inconsistent.
Lower the damage so it doesn’t kill tanks in one shot, and it will never be useful outside of trying to kill squishies when you can’t aim.

This new ability will both have more counterplay, and it’s damage potential will be higher. The thing is, it’s going to be more difficult to use it.
It’s healthy both for Hanzo and for the game in general.

I just want to post my opinion and that’s it but people feel the need to keep shutting it down and it’s annoying. I don’t want to respond but people keep adding in to it. Can you just not reply so I can stop having to visit the forum.

Sure, but noone is shutting your opinion down, we’re just sharing our own opinions.
Now go, be free!

Look you are shutting me down. I gave me idea and you decided to say “no that won’t happen” that’s shutting me down