Hanzo's projectiles are not that fast!

Only when she’s scoped. Unscoped, she’s at 90 meters a second and Hanzo’s fully drawn arrows are 100. It’s pretty dumb.

Your wrong, like just wrong :sweat_smile:

Any Hanzo player worth ones salt would never consistently fully charge his bow, its just stupid to do so, same if a Widow player did it honestly. This is just speaking out of experience, I do have over 200+ hours on the hero.

“His charge is nowhere near Widow’s”
Wrong, again… Starting to feel like Trump right now.
Widow’s charge time is 0.75 seconds while Hanzo’s is 0.7.

“Zen’s primary fire is 66”
Zen’s primary travels at 80m/s not 66m/s.

Ana’s been out for how long now? And you never realized her shots are projectile?

Nope, there’s not much of animation for the unscoped round and the shots travel apparently fast enough not to notice.

1 Like

Source? I never get hit while spamming ADAD by any other projectile hero as much as I do by Hanzo, which leads me to believe that his arrow hitbox runs the full length of the arrow and that it is possible to run sideways into it after the tip has already passed the head, because I don’t believe that 90% of the Hanzo players I meet just so happen to have godlike aim.

Also, his head hitbox is definitely more generous than Zenyatta’s. Tested that in the Shooting range, if you start shooting a stationary bot in the middle of the head and slowly work your way down after each respawn, you can shoot a lot lower with Hanzo than you can with Zenyatta before the shot is counted as a body shot rather than a headshot.

Geoff has already stated they are tied for the smallest projectile in the game.
Also this video shows that Zen and Mei projectiles are bigger:

Overwatch Projectile hitbox size comparison - YouTube

1 Like

Sounds like that quote only covers the radius of the arrow. I wonder about the length of the hitbox, though, which is pretty significant when shooting moving targets. Also that doesn’t explain why a shot that would be counted as bodyshot for one of the larger projectile heroes is counted as a headshot for Hanzo.

While I agree that his arrows are not basically hitscan, I also dont think many hanzo players consistently shoot arrows that are not fully charged, unless the person is injured and in close range.

The charge time difference is .05 seconds though?

Not by much and if you’re measuring headshot dps vs body shot dps widow is on top not hanzo

104-208 dps on hanzo vs 96-240 dps

Hanzo has a charge time of .7 seconds with a .5 second delay between charging shots leading to 1 125-250 damage shot per 1.2 seconds while Widow has a charge time of .75 seconds with a .5 second delay between charging shots leading to 1 120-300 damage shot per 1.25 seconds

You either are just saying that to push your mentality of hanzo arrows being pretty much hitscan, or you have never played ana and dont know what her abilities are. Cant think of any other situation someone wouldnt know unscoped is a projectile. Oh or are a very new player.

Its the only projectile in the game that has basically zero visual effect. You hardly get any feedback.

2 Likes

People are just stupid.

Cool, but i think it should.

They sorta are though. At least to me. So that point’s a little null.

You are literally inferring that from nowhere.
Geoff’s statement makes no indication whether he is talking about radius, length, width, volume etc. All we know is that they are the same size as Genji’s shurikens.

You got some evidence for this?

Doesn’t matter, Hanzo mains will always be a cut below the rest…

every skill of his he gets people complain.

Scatter was insane because I stood still and let him do it under my feet.

Storm arrow, he’s projectiles are too fast , he shouldn’t have storm arrow and they shouldn’t be able to headshot. Sounds like you have problems adapting to hero’s and choose to come to the forums to complain because you refuse to learn the other hero and how to beat them.

All we know from the video evidence is that they are marginally slimmer than Zen’s orbs and roughly as slim as the Shuriken. Geoff’s quote doesn’t really say one way or the other, but you made the initial claim that you know for sure that the projectiles are overall among the smallest in the game, so you would have to provide evidence that that quote is meant to take length into consideration. Burden of proof and all that.

I tested it myself in the shooting range a while ago. I didn’t take a video, so if you want to reproduce this or refute it, fire up the game and go check it for yourself.

Watching some clips of some of the highest ranked Hanzo’s (wraxu, argge, samito, ) outside of Tracer range they charge their bows at least to full most of the time. Which makes sense because like you said the arrow speed scales with pullback on his bow so more pull more speed.

My wrong what, huehuehue

Okay i’m leaving.