Hanzos new sonic arrow buff makes widows ult useless

He will have a significantly shorter cooldown, in return for a reduced radius and duration.

(Btw ily isinner XD)

1 Like

Widow will need something to combat that. Otherwise why ever have a widow when u have a buffed hanzo

Well widow is a more consistent sniper
Her ult is trash, but there’s not much you can do. Buffing widow will definitely lead her to dominate the top tier, so idk

1 Like

I just hope we get a sound effect that sonic was used like widow’s infrasight shout. On live if you don’t see the actual arrow or hear the inaudible “marked” that he doesn’t even say half the time you don’t know he has wallhacks.

I doubt it.

It’ll still have the same uptime I bet ,it’s just that he can change its location more often

(Maybe 10 second CD and 5 second uptime ?)

Because hitscan > projectiles.

I like that idea - pretty neat :slight_smile:

The other idea I had was the ability to pierce barriers when the ultimate is up but only allow the damage to deal 50% of the usual damage when an enemy is hit behind a barrier.

2 Likes

It’s a good idea, but you have to understand that barrier heroes are already having a tough time as it is, and I’m sure that blizzard doesn’t want many counters to shields besides obvious things like burst damage and EMP.

Yeah true - fair point.

What about an auto-lockon tactical visor that insta head-shotted for you?

Oh wait…

The reasons to bring a widow will not change becasue Hanzo has a sonic arrow on shorter cooldown. You don’t bring a widow for her ult.

We don’t even know what his new sonic arrow is going to be in regards to radius and cooldown yet. his sonic arrow range is already fairly limited and its going to be smaller. I think people overselling this buff.

But that doesn’t change the fact that widows ult give the location of everyone on the entire map. That information is extremely useful.

Welp…its live as of now. Let’s see the change in pick rates

The tradeoff is he can not move his sonic arrow more, but it covers less total area.

Yep. And so far it would make more sense to have new hanzo on the team than widow…

How do you change Widow’s ult without buffing Widow because she 100% does not need a buff!

Her ult should be damage boost ult. For example, Widow’s ult would allow Widow to fire fully charged shots automatically, no need to wait for a charge shots.

I think you are really understimating the power of a wallhack ultimate in a fps game… it is very powerful in the right hands and it affects the whole team, so if something was necesarry just add a couple more seconds to the ultimate, but nothing more. On the other hand, hanzo’s sonic arrow changes make it not as OP as people say here. The radius is smaller and it last for less time so it would only be used to know if there’s somebody coming from a certain flank or common route on punctual situations. The use of it has nothing to do with infra-sight and neither substitute its utility in the game.

On top of that widow is still more reliable and is way better at longer range, so I wouldnt worry about Widow’s utility in the game, but rather worry about mid-range dps like soldier or mccree, those 2 are really geting hurt with the hanzo rework.

1 Like

You can do a lot.

You can see maybe enemy ult percentages
See objects
Maybe a change in her assault rifle while using it.

Alot