Hanzos new sonic arrow buff makes widows ult useless

With these new hanzo changes will there be ever a time to pick a widow over hanzo?

Does this mean we can see a widow change??

3 Likes

Widow does need some change on her ultimate. Idk what they can do though.

But widow is a more reliable long range sniper than hanzo. Hanzo is more mid range

14 Likes

I mean, given how usually widow’s ult helps deter pushes because you can use surprise to get an advantage

Widow’s Ultimate should increase the charge rate of her scoped shots for its duration.

19 Likes

I’m not exactly up to date, what changes is sonic arrow getting?

That’s true but most maps are mid range now. Only very few are long range.

With hanzos new scatter replacemen he can also do really well at long range

1 Like

Big cooldown reduction but smaller radius and short duration in compensation.

6 Likes

Lower CD and lowered radius on the sonic part.

So he will have it more frequently now

2 Likes

What hanzo changes? :sauropod:

2 Likes

hanzo and widow do different things entirely. Widow is in a pretty good spot now. Hanzo will be with his buffs, but they’re not comparable. They never were but people like to pit them against one another, for example one of them counters pharah, the other one is countered by pharah.

2 Likes

More uptime on wallhacks. Wow so much fun…

5 Likes

I hope it means Widow gets some changes!!! This would be the time to do it!

2 Likes

Is there a blue/gold post somewhere with these new changes?

Honestly, I wish they’d just remove wallhacks from the game. I’d even live with my Widow having no ultimate at all.

1 Like

Didn’t know widowmaker’s one and only use was infra-sight.

Also ,just because a hero has a similar ability doesn’t mean the first one is useless.

It’s like saying flashbang is now useless because brigitte exists.

2 Likes

Problem with buffing Widow is that there’s a chance she’ll jump to OP levels in high tier play.

1 Like

She already is borderline OP over there ,I mean come on ,30% something pickrate in the OWL against a meta that’s full of her counters ? the only thing that’s keeping her from getting nerfed is the skill she requires.

1 Like

Can you guys PLEASE include links when talking about changes/Patch notes/whatever new happens?

I’ll do it for now: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/can-we-please-get-a-sneak-peek-at-the-new-hanzo/49870/48

6 Likes

How much is the radius reduced? Is it even a buff?

And Widow just needs some bug fixes, I feel she’s in a good spot right now. Her ult is actually really good.

I assume OP is taking the changes in aggregate. Hanzo, even as is, has a peek-and-poke advantage over Widow at mid-range:

1. He can do true pre-fire
  2. He has a wallhack that is difficult to detect
  3. His crit box is ~50% covered by his bow/arm
  4. His movement speed is higher than Widows when both are charging their shots

One of the big changes he is getting is another increase to his projectile speed, which increases his effectiveness against Widow. If he now has more up time on wallhacks, those two changes together are kind of a big deal. This thread is the first I’ve heard of the Sonic Arrow change, though.

I’m not saying I agree Widow needs changes, or that Hanzo now bodies her, but, I don’t think OP means Widow is only good for hacks. Objectively, most of the time her ult is just a pause button anyway.

All that said, if you fix Hanzo’s broken crit box, I don’t have any complaints, myself.

5 Likes

maybe they can make her ult last longer? or maybe allow her to see enemies traps and turrets when she uses infra-sight!

2 Likes