Hanzo's Log-Sized Arrow Meme Needs to Die

So would I. Since its not that tough to do and, technically, you should be doing this as every hero. Even Brig and Reinhardt.

Do you honestly think most Hanzo’s just “consistently” hit the “Easy” shots. First of all, watch what you say because even you imply a level of skill in the thing you’re trying to denigrate. Could you CONSISTANTLY hit the “easy” shots as Hanzo if you played? If i picked Reinhart, could you consistently hit my head for example? I’m willing to bet no.

Second, as I’m sure you know, your posts just come off as whining. “Hanzo’s bad becuase he kills me. This can’t possibly be my fault, so Hanzo must be an easy character. Nerf him”. This is the same song and dance we’ve seen for years, and you guys seem determined on making overwatch worse by repeating stuff like this.

So stop that, will you?

1 Like

I think you are very heavily overestimating the talent in a masters peak Hanzo player.

No, no where did I state “most Hanzos should be able to”. Average (by my definition) Hanzos should be able to consistently hit easy shots, though.

If you want to argue that “average” should literally mean the average Overwatch player, then you must be one of those people that are also in favor of balancing the game for the “average” player. Just a reminder, however, Sojourn not getting nerfed was a direct result of this kind of balancing mentality, since she was stated as “not being overpowered” in ranks below masters.

That’s ok, I don’t think I asked for your opinion on what my posts come off as, rather I am asking you to argue with me, which you are doing. Don’t inflate your posts word count with stupid stuff.

Never stated this.

Never stated this.

Never stated this.

Where did I complain about this?

You forum users with thousands and thousands of posts love throwing in random stuff that no one brought up like you’re schizophrenic or something. I love arguing with people because it is fun, but it becomes boring when most of my replies become “never stated this” because I genuinely just never stated anything you bring up.

1 Like

No. You need to think and use a bit of tracking for every character on every mode. In Quick play, which for some reason is considered being devoid of skill, you will see people tracking you, predicting you, and killing you. Its an objective fact that you can observe if you just watch kill cams.

Well when you say

So you mean Master Hanzo players. That’s we we’re talking about, and that’s what you’re referring to when you say

So, you mean to say “Peak masters hanzo players are just consistently hitting easy shots”. Therefore, I can type that as “most hanzo players just consistently hit easy shots”. If you think I’m wrong, It’d only be because the more accurate way to write that sentence would be “You think peak masters hanzo players are all consistently hitting easy shots” which changes my point very little.

You people on here think that, if you don’t say the exact thing someone paraphrases you as saying, then you didn’t say the sentence at all. Elementary school will teach you that your sentences can be paraphrased or summarized to make the conversation flow easier. If you didn’t mean to say “most hanzos” or “masters hanzos”, then don’t say it.

And I want to remind you that balancing for GM has only left everyone unsatisfied in some noticeable way, so maybe its time we take a different approach. I’ve had to tell you guys this numerous times, but your ideas failed and are the direct reason why Overwatch is garbage to day.

You’re dead set on thinking that has failed, and in one way or another everyone says that it did, but no one wants to put 2 and 2 together.

Okay, but for the record, it comes off as whining.

Oh no I’m not. I’m not arguing anything, I’m saying your wrong for easily provable reasons. I’d be arguing if I had a point to defend, but I don’t. I’m just stating facts about Hanzo and Overwatch’s community.

I’ll do what I please, thank you.

Also, I didn’t think I needed to point this out but

No, you didn’t.

No, you didn’t.

No, you didn’t.

You didn’t. I typed that to mock Hanzo complainers. I didn’t think you needed to be clued in on this, but if I’m being hyperbolic, you probably didn’t say that thing. If I’m really responding to something that you really said, I’d quote you.

I quite literally am making fun of Hanzo complaints.

:+1: Forgot about that. It settles it then.

Everyone seems to forget all the mobility in the game and how nerfing an already small projectile and/or making every hitbox exact would utterly make aiming insanely hard.

That only happens at very low ranks. People won’t even get out of gold if they rely on lucky shots and can’t aim. No different from any other hero.

Because they have to be in order to be even remotely useful unless they massively increase the projectile speed.
Personally would happily take a much faster projectile in exchange for having the hitbox reduced, since it would actually make him much stronger and more reliable.

People never learn. Hanzo’s arrows are not the size of tracers head. Nor is it easier than landing a widowmaker shot. All she has to do is point and click. Hanzo, you have to aim where they are going to be since it has travel time which takes far more skill. Projectiles are far harder to land Consistently than hitscan. Period. This not an opinion, it is a matter of fact. It is an objective fact that the top widowmaker have a far higher headshot accuracy than the top Hanzo’s, you know why, because it’s HARDER!!!

1 Like

still does not change the fact that the hitboxes are pretty forgiving

that what they mean with log arrows

2 Likes

And people needs to stop quoting this phrase. As if Genji’s shuriken hitbox was small. You need to realize that unlike Genji the arrows can and will oneshot if they hit the head.

this but unironically

YES THIS, EXACTLY WHY I GET 10% ACCURACY EVERY TIME I USE HANDSOAP

This Hanzo character sounds really easy to play, surely you guys can get gm by one tricking him

2 Likes

this is what they mean , hit boxes are massive ive been killed and im stood around corner the replay shows me ducking behind corner then getting shot .

What I hate are those one shots where you’re like

“What happened there?” Even when you know what happened. You just got one shot outta nowhere.

You watch the killcam. It’s Hanzo aiming at Junkrat and missing 3 shots in a row. Nocks 4th shot, I come running in from spawn to join up with my team, and the 4th arrow spirals into my head hitbox which is somewhere near where Hanzo thought Junkrat might be, not Soldier running in from spawn.

Sigh.

Meanwhile the killfeed plinks a crosshair for Handsoap and his team potentially think he’s not pepega.

1 Like

You need to understand he is the worst dps in the tier list, being the 3rd last in the whole hero tier list. While having the one shot potential and so called “lucky big hitbox random headshot kill” mechanism, why isn’t he played among the ranks?
It’s comical when the problem u have with the hero, is u getting 1 shoted few times in a lower lobby(for sure, spamzo probably exist there). The tantrum drops when someone gets killed by a projectile but not when someone got killed by lucky/random hitscan headshot. They do exist for sure. Its way funny and sad, that there exist a hitscan with hitbox about the same hanzo with one shot potential :). Just remember he got no passive and he got nerfed by the ow2 release.

A lot of misinformation about this game needs to die. It’s tiring seeing people be confidently wrong about so many things about a game they supposedly play.

Because projectiles are MEANT to be spammed, you spam them at chokes/areas of entry before team fights even start to get a chance at a pick/resource burn. Then once the team fight actually starts you shoot even more (and that’s when actual aiming and leading starts coming into play) You obviously don’t spam hitscan shots without an actual target.

1 Like

I’m a scrub Hanzo and I can do it. Most of it is not some big Five Head play, where you’re sussing out the way someone moves based on careful study. It’s much more simple than that, but still a skill. Rather if you can guess where the enemy will go based on assets in play, map geometry and so on then you have a decent chance to predict their movement.

For the record spamming chokes is predicting the enemies movement, as long as they move into the choke! Call it dumb, but if it’s dumb then that enemy is even dumber for being so predictable.

Likewise spamming down walls you think the enemy will peek around.

Pre-firing to punish people who may re-peek after they’ve peeked once.

These are all simple, but it can get a little more advanced (albeit still fairly intuitive) like exploiting the way maps oblige people to take predictable lines of retreat when they give up space (using lunge to swing wide if necessary) or punishing people advancing along predictable paths when giving up space.

So basically the picture u have about hanzo and other projectile heroes is of spam machines at chokes. It’s an ironic statement after u quoted something before it. Ah whatever.

So what do they do when there is a fight in a choke? steps aside during the fight? or do they try to strategically shoot down(obviously not spam, ofc) the targets in their vicinity thou they can’t finish them off.

Oh you think its a meme … yeah no.
The problem is when you put some things together, like its still way bigger than Hitscan reg points and Favor of the Shooter. You can’t really dodge Hanzo’s arrows at the distance you should because that mechanic exists.

Have you seen Shoulder HitRegs with Hanzo? Yeah … me neither :sunglasses:

Hanzo needs to be difficult to play with as little reward as possible because he’s not white like mcree.