Hanzo should have fall-off damage

Blizzard literally removed his sniper tag if you didn’t know. He is not counted as a sniper when you are picking heroes.

Bad Widow’s yes, decent Widow’s no. He can only do this because Widow is the only hero in the game that basically stands still to make a shot. It is a shame that he will lose his capability to fight Widow but I consider this only a small negative.

I love projectiles. However, there is a range where skill and prediction just becomes luck and spam. Overwatch has zero movement acceleration meaning that this range is a lot shorter than desired.

I don’t think I am, I just don’t want everyone to hate the hero I love to play. If giving him drop-off damage makes people hate Hanzo less while allowing me to still enjoy him, I will freely take that. I don’t like people calling Hanzo skilless spamzo, when I personally think he takes a ton of skill but they do have a point on certain things.

You don’t play Hanzo predominantly long-range! You simply don’t!
I hope you are not claiming you play Hanzo in the same way you play Widow because it will either make me think you are a really bad Hanzo player or simply trolling me.

The best DPS in the game has a winrate in the bottom 25-40% of all heroes in every rank? Sad day for DPS heroes no? He might be the best DPS in the game for less than half the players that pick him, but on average he’s not even mediocre.

Remember this game is won on the point, not at 40m.

1 Like

Or just make StormArrows do reverse damage dropoff.

Like 20 damage at 5m range
And 70 damage at 20m range

What?
What on earth?
Since when was hanzo “not a sniper”
the game identifies him as one ffs xD
Also the same concept Mei mains used for mei Imma use here for hanzo
EVERY PROJECTILE HAS NO FALL OFF WHY SHOULD HE BE ANY DIFFERENT?

1 Like

If arrows are gonna have damage drop off then remove their arc.

No just no
Keep hanzo as is.
Almost every nerf suggestion for hanzo I see, is asking to butcher him not nerf him
Let the devs handle it

2 Likes

Or just make StormArrows have reverse damage dropoff.

Because they are weird spirit attacks, and because it’s dumb that Hanzo can be played like a shotgun character.

Or just make this guy disappear Blizzard. Problem solved.

I think just reverting his projectile speed nerf would suffice.

You don’t get extreme arc until very long-range anyway.

It was a week ago.

Now that I think about it, I’ve kinda been here before.

I wouldn’t be surprised if I’m the reason the CS:GO AWP was nerfed to be less effective as a shotgun.

Since I posted a video way back when about how you could animation cancel it’s refire delay by quickswitching. So I made a script that could maximize that.
About two weeks later, that glitch was patched out.

Right now, StormArrow can animation cancel a normal arrow.

Not including the draw-time of Hanzo’s bow is still misrepresentative of Hanzo’s actually DPS. I still find your video misleading.

If you showed a Widow with a fully charged Rifle shoot and then melee a Tracer, she would literally kill her instantly. In reality Widow can’t do that as she has to charge her rifle first.

Hanzo is the exact same, he does not walk around with a charged bow and thus you should include it in the video instead of it being barely shown that he even shot a primary fire shot in the first place.

If it is so unrealistic for Hanzo to have an arrow ready to shoot.

Then nerfing the ability to animation cancel a normal arrow into a storm arrow, should be fine, right?

Since it’s not “realistically” useful, right?

There are a lot of labels not here or added in. But unlike say, brig, hanzo didn’t get a kit change to his output. He isn’t less of a sniper than launch.

I think that’s not possible in overwatch with the distances we have.

That’s fine. But it’s not right to act like this hate has come out of no where or has been his history.

I play hanzo when I feel like I need to deal with things quickly. Long or short range . Him and soldier are my most consistent DPS. So if I feel like I can’t address pharah or tracer…I might pop on hanzo equally with pharah…

Sometimes…you’re just good on a hero. That was me with hanzo.

He’s why I played this game at all :heart::heart:

As someone who loves hanzo, and liked him before his rework, I hope you’re trolling by suggesting drop off to a hero who only became publicly hated recently. Because it’s tragic that you wouldn’t stand by your hero if you’ve played him this whole time

1 Like

Almost like Blizzard want their game to be a fluid experience. You can point out and exaggerate any and every aspect of Hanzo’s kit you’d like, but the stats show him to be relatively ineffective at winning games with a below average winrate in every rank.

2 Likes

I think if you need a broken statistic like winrate to hold up your argument, you’ve already lost.

It’s not unrealistic just misrepresentative.

Once again, it wouldn’t be unrealistic for Widow to have a fully charged rifle shot but in a video comparing the DPS of Reaper vs Hanzo, you really shouldn’t include it!

Just imagine if you did a similar video but Widow against Bastion at time to kill a Doomfist for example.
Widow would be literally instant because you are not including the charge time making out that Widow somehow can out DPS a Bastion.

Pretty misleading.

I don’t, Blizzard know what his winrate is… they certainly don’t need your ignorant and disingenuous opinion.

But apparently you need me to point out how you’re wrong.

The trick being, if you shot a bodyshot with a Widow, and then changed up another.

You’d do a grand total of 240 damage.

Hanzo can do 475 I that time frame.
With Reaper doing 480.

Lol then which hero is? He burst down tanks, kills long range heroes and kills squishys in like one hit