Hanzo should have fall-off damage

I say this as a Hanzo main.

Hanzo is not a sniper but he has the long-range sniping capability of one!

Why?

He does not need it to be viable, he is a medium range hero.
Most of his kills at long-range are purely from spam that he is shooting into a choke. Hanzo is far too inconsistent at long-range to consider these shots actually skillful.

I feel like a lot of the hatred for Hanzo would be reduced if he was given drop-off and would also stop the complaints of Hanzo having no weaknesses.

Considering his playstyle I donā€™t think giving him fall-off would completely destroy. Many people seem to not understand that Hanzo is actually at his most effective but most vulnerable close-range and least effective long-range which is why I think giving him reverse fall-off is dumb but normal fall-off would actually make sense.

20 Likes

Iā€™d actually give him a reverse fall off since Iā€™m tired of him killing flankers. It depends if you wanna make him more of a sniper or a mid range hero

5 Likes

I would prefer for most things to have a stronger fall off so Iā€™m down.

A sniper is not someone who shoots long distances, this was enabled by high powered rifles. You canā€™t snipe ā€˜mediumā€™ range in modern warfare where fights take place in open fields or urban environments because the enemy will blow up your nest or run the building down with tanks.

You wouldnā€™t be particularly safe or hidden, and thatā€™s what sniping is. 300 years ago you mightā€™ve been up a tree sniping 50meters with your bow.

Anyway, Hanzo is barely viableā€¦ his stats suck and kills at ā€˜max rangeā€™ just donā€™t win gamesā€¦ Brig has no long range abilities and has had the highest winrate in the entire game since her rework. Iā€™m sorry you still donā€™t understand the game after 4 years.

ā€˜Hanzo is barely viableā€™ I just will stop reading. Double the pickrate of Mei in GM and one of the highest picked heroes.

7 Likes

Appeal/popularity =/= effectiveness.

McCree, case in point.

Junkrat has a higher overall pickrate AND winrate than Hanzo does. Should he be getting nerfs?

As much as I would like to see Hanzo nerfed, I would hate to see something like this added.

If the fallof Damage was removed from Meiā€™s icicle for the sake of consistency, do I think Hanzo too should not get it for the sake of consistency.

Because of this have I never supported fall-off, or reverse fall-off, damage for Hanzo.

2 Likes

As much as I want Blizzard to nerf Hanzo into a trash bag this isnā€™t a good way to go imo and it would make Hanzo feel terrible to play

All Blizzard needs to do is to either reduce the damage of his Storm Arrows, remove headshots from his Storm Arrows or remove 1 - 2 of his Storm Arrows.
Either one of those will make tank players feel a lot better.

The main issue I have with giving him falloff is that heā€™s projectile. No projectile in the game has damage falloff. Meiā€™s icicle use to have falloff, but then they removed it to make it more in line with every other projectile in the game. Pharah, Junkrat, Torbjorn, Zenyatta, Genji, none of their projectiles have falloff. Thatā€™s sort of how theyā€™ve decided to classify projectiles. They have travel time, but in return, they donā€™t need to worry about damage falloff.

And right now, the only nerf I would give him would be to give him a movement speed penalty during storm. Maybe 15% or 20% at most. Because his primary gives him a 30% movement speed penalty when pulled back, but Storm lets him fire away while moving at full speed. So it lets him just walk past enemy shields and hold M1. Giving him slower speed while Storm is out makes that less viable.

Otherwise, if they really wanted to nerf his effectiveness at long range, they could probably just reduce how far the arrows can travel based on charge? Or change the arc of his arrows to make him less reliable at that range?

This is coming from someone who plays heroes that counter Hanzo, though. Or are at least a close matchup for him. I donā€™t usually deal with Hanzo at those long ranges. Iā€™m usually the one getting up in his face.

1 Like

This game should revolve around GM and GM alone. Junkrat is trash in GM so he needs buffs.
You think Orisa being picked a lot in gm is because of appeal? lol ok

He is tho

That is also a sniper. Mid to long range. Not mid to close

Likeā€¦zen? Is that spam?

When did you start playing him? He was hated for being trash longer than being good

ā€¦ Wut. No

Exactly my point mate, Hanzoā€™s winrate is in the bottom 30-40% of GM (depending on time period) for winrate. Plenty of heroes have similar pickrates and higher winrates. You gonna start your nerf campaign for them after Hanzo huh?

2 Likes

Itā€™s still high at 54 percent. Hanzo will get further nerfs. Storm arrow is next.

People like to treat Hanzo player like some god aimer, ironically at the same time kept arguing they canā€™t aim for beans and rely on Scatter Arrow for kills.

People only remember the time they get kill by Hanzo, but they always ignore that a lot of the time, Hanzo is often like the dude in the first freshnut clip in this video:

Honestly, I like how freshnuts also include clips of people failing very badly as well, and not just people pogging.

Thereā€™s quite a few clips of people missing a lot on Hanzo in freshnut videos if you go back and watch some of them.

1 Like

But bottom 30-40% in GM.

I think all heroes should have fall-off to keep the game

1. consistent
  2. spam-free from an enormous distance; itā€™s really stupid for a randomly shot arrow to result in a free kill

He is not tho

He is more of a medium to short range hero than he is a medium to long-range one. Quite frankly Hanzo is terrifying at close-range and a meme at long-range.

That is also spam but not 1-shot spam.

Literally since launch.

ā€¦ Wut. Yes

To you. To me, to blizzard, to overwatchā€¦he is

I find he is a great answer to widowā€¦who is not fighting close

So you dislike projectiles. Seems arbitrary. I disagree.

Then you shouldnā€™t be acting like this hate is his whole life

I disagree. And think you have a view of hanzo that is misinformed about his history, common play, and perception.

How I play him- meme
How others are- not me. I donā€™t base arguments of design on only my experiences.

Otherwise mercy wouldnā€™t be available for play by anyone if I had my way

Canā€™t agree more. I love playing sombra, but it boils my blood that I pretty much have to avoid duelling him for the entirety of the game if heā€™s even he slightest bit competent at aiming. If heā€™s not getting ridiculous flicked headshot on me before Iā€™ve even dealt 20 damage, heā€™s using storm bow and forcing me to translocate. And yeah, he isnā€™t a primary target for me as a sombra player, but if his healers are dead and heā€™s alone it just SUCKS thatā€™s thereā€™s so very little I can do to duel him.

2 Likes

What do u mean ā€œbarely viableā€ heā€™s literally the best if not one of the best dps in the entire gameā€¦

1 Like