Hanzo nerfs result in 1 fewer counters against Tracer

The only reason that Tracer isn’t currently meta is because the few counters she does have (Brigette + Hanzo) are insanely strong/op.

They are getting nerfed and eventually will be brang back in line with other heroes, the problem I have with the Hanzo nerfs is that how it is done makes Hanzo no longer counter Tracer.

Removing a counter for Tracer is an incredibly bad idea! We have been fighting for months/years for her to get more counters and finally when she does, you remove 1 of the only ones she has.

pls don’t do this, Hanzo has always been really good against Tracer. Scatter was insane against her and so is Storm arrow, the current nerfs will take this away from Hanzo and essentially take us back to square 1.

Tracer WILL become meta again! When she does I hope the game has progressed and she has consistent counter for her like any other hero.

EDIT:
Btw this is how I would nerf Hanzo.
Reduce damage to 75
Reduce number of arrows to 5
Either increase CD to 10 or give arrows drop-off damage like Mei.
(Both if he is still too strong)

17 Likes

She is directly being protected by the devs, I can understand your frustatration. More of the same I guess…

16 Likes

It’s funny because reworked Hanzo is substantially harder to counter than Tracer.

36 Likes

Well yer, he’s OP currently and so is Brigette so she can be countered insanely easily. They are getting nerfed…

What’s your point?

The idea that every other hero has “consistent counters” is just wrong.

Literally nobody forces me off of Moira. Nobody consistently counters Hanzo. Nor Mercy. Nor S76.

With Tracer you can at least just damage amp your 120 damage heroes and she’s not a problem. That’s more of an answer than many heroes have.

7 Likes

They should be getting nerfed. That’s the point.

I don’t know if you noticed, but you’re complaining about the nerf.

3 Likes

Nerfering hanzo makes for a better game since he is broken.

3 Likes

Hanzo wasn’t a counter to Tracer. He was a counter to everyone with 200HP. Tracer didn’t become irrelevant when he was reworked and she’s not going to skyrocket with him nerfed. The game is not a series of 1v1 scenarios.

8 Likes

Fine consistent counters might be a bad way of putting it…

Tracer is incredibly hard to deal with, the devs basically engineered a hero specifically to deal with her, that how bad it is. Hanzo has always been good against her but they are taking away what made Hanzo good against her directly resulting in her being harder to deal with again.

2 Likes

Get a hold of yourself!

Not one-shotting Tracer is very different than not being a counter.

5 Likes

He 100% should be nerfed…
He probably should be nerfed more…

Doesn’t excuse the fact that they nerfed him in a way so he would be much less effective against Tracer, Geoff basically spelt it out to us that she is being protected.

3 Likes

I’ve never been forced off of Widow, I’ve never been forced off of Zen, hell, I’ve never been forced off of anything unless my entire team needed to switch composition period. The only “consistent” counter match up in this game is Pharah v Symmetra, and that’s cuz Symmetra literally cannot do anything to Pharah. Pretty much all of them can be outplayed.

Stop looking for easy solutions to whatever problem you’re having and improve.

3 Likes

I’m gonna have to disagree, 1-shotting her is exactly what made him a counter against her.

Storm arrow now acts like she is a 200hp hero it, which means no it no longer counters her.

3 Likes

She is being protected? She is one of the worst heroes in the game right now. She does need help. If you weren’t on a mad anti-Tracer crusade you would see that.

2 Likes

Yes she is, why?

Brigette was added to the game and the Hanzo rework came out.
Both incredibly strong/OP and directly counter her, of course she’s gonna be horrible!

It’s not going to be this way forever… They are already being nerfed and 1 of them is being made to no longer counter Tracer.

Where does this leave Tracer?

1 Like

He also talk about any other 200 HP hero being one shotted with damage boost. So stopped focus your hate on Tracer, thx…

1 Like

lord forbid she get a hard counter but its ok for Doomfist to be countered by half the roster

1 Like

75 damage would remove this… The only hero that he could 1-shot is Tracer even with damage boost

70 damage is just to protect Tracer as Geoff said.

2 Likes

And why should tracer be one-shotted more than anyone else??

Why having a recall buttom he you get one-shotted all the time??

1 Like

How sway??? Hanzo isn’t exactly difficult to kill. He’s just a damage bot.

2 Likes