Hanzo needs changes...but what changes?

Whereas the accepted forum idea is that the entire arrow is one giant hitbox. The number of stupid, unproven claims that I’ve seen as widely accepted on the forums is just depressing

As fun as that would be you dont want that trust me

I wonder if they’d ever be able to string multiple together while allowing the damage of only one to take effect, so that we would have fewer no-regs.

Granted, those no-regs are already few, but it’s always odd seeing an enemy take no damage… with your arrow still sticking out of them due to client-side prediction.

i always thought that giving him 20/25 ammo instead of infinite would be a good change

If a Hanzo spams a choke and you run into ut and get headshot and die, is it really Hanzos Fault?

Also what do people consider spam? More than 3 Arrows per x seconds in the same direction? More than 3 arrows that miss?

You know perfect prediction is hard. Its also oftentimes hard to see the enemy behind your Tank line or if your tanks are too close to the enemy.

…Why? And how exactly is he going to even perform a reload?

Does he…
…take an arrow out of his other quiver (which visually only holds 4-5 arrows)…
…and put it in his first quiver?

1 he has too little weaknesses
2 i was thinking of something similar to how reaper reload works like he throws his old quiver and replaces it with another one
also 20/25 shots is still a lot if you compare him with other dps snipers

It has little to do with rate of fire and almost everything to do with aim procedures.

If your aim is based on fractional re-aim, such as adjusting between rapid-fire Storm Arrow shots, rather than aiming each shot discretely or having to deal with the full tracking that comes with even more rapid attack intervals, that, when taking up the majority of your shots for a period of time, can be called spam.

If your aim is based on zone-based probability, such as in hopes that someone will peak around the corner just as your arrow passes, that, when taking up the majority of shots for a period of time, can be called spam.

Tracer does not spam. Tracer tracks.

Torb? Depends. Is he left-clicking down lanes or is he focusing down an enemy with Overload? Despite the second having a higher rate of fire, it’s much less likely to feel like spam.

stannis_it’s_fewer.jpg

Hanzo has more weaknesses than nearly every other generalist DPS save perhaps McCree, who in turn has greater strengths against a broad set of would-be weaknesses.

And adding an arbitrary “whoops, guess I wore out my quiver; better pull this new one out from ‘twixt me’ legs” delay on the already isn’t going to deepen any of those weaknesses nor add new ones. It just makes a really, really weird and frustrating mechanic.

(In reference to no cooldown on Lunge)

“In other news, there’s been a rash of severe repetitive motion injury to the left thumbs of nearly every Hanzo main…”

1 Like

Have you seen Hanzo in custom games with no CD on lounge? he can fly basically lmao