Hanzo needs changes...but what changes?

Someone else made a post about wanting to see some changes made to Hanzo, however replies did not seem rather supportive.

Ultimately, I’d prefer they reverted the nerf on his primary. If I remember correctly, Geoffe is quite fond of Hanzo’s unique projectile speed but overall I find it unhealthy for the hero and would prefer they reverted it and continued to make changes from there.

What do you guys think? :point_right:t5::point_left:t5:

2 Likes

I think Hanzo is in a good spot where he is. All fits to his design.
Maaaybe his storm arrows are a bit too weak to use, but overall he is in the best balance spot.

3 Likes

He. Is. Balanced. Already.

2 Likes

I think Hanzo is in an okay place, and we got bigger issues to resolve.

Also it’s probably for the best that an instakill/wallhax hero isn’t top of the meta.

Especially since you never really know if the Hanzo got the kill, because of impeccable aim, or raw spam.

7 Likes

Hanzo main here the only thing that needs changing is his Strom arrow achievement it is impossible to unlock with the recent nerfs to the Strom arrow (speed,dmg,ammo count) and maybe buff his storm arrow speed so it is more reliable mid range

1 Like

Most hanzo mains have dropped 400 sr. But I don’t think they care, as for hanzo as a viable pick. Again. I don’t think they care. They are way more focused on bigger things to make small fixes. They reduced the speed of his arrow because they wanted him to be a less of a sniper, but then they didn’t give him anything to make him more effective at close range. It was a random change, and they know the effect, but I don’t honestly think they care. Just go look at stats.

1 Like

Storm arrow is just a joke right now you literally are just spitting on people for how bad they are

6 Likes

WHY! He seems fine to me.

I cant tell if the people saying “Hanzo is fine” are joking or not.

Third lowest winrate in the game. Second lowest in GM, the one rank where he should be semi-viable

6 Likes

Hanzo needs 2.5x crit on headshots.
Its kinda impossible to duel almost any DPS hero with slow arrows.

Take away his 1hko and boost his projectile speed?

1 Like

Game is so much more fun when Spamzo is kept in check. Let’s keep it that way.

4 Likes

So he’s even more hit or miss?

So he can utilize his primary attack when its not fully charged, like widow does.

1 Like

Exactly. As long as he can literally spam shots at head level through a choke and get OHKOs he’s going to be problematic.

Spam should never give OHKOs. If he’s weak, fix something else.

3 Likes

Well theres one possible way to fix it but who knows if it would be a good idea

What are your thoughts

Hanzo is mainly outshone by the new powercreept heroes (namely, McCree and Ashe). Once they’re brought into line, he’ll see decent usage again.

A precision aiming mechanic

If you play a lot of games with guns, such has the RE series, they usually have a precision aiming, which basically, the more you move, the less precise the shot will be

This would make his spamming around a corner a lot weaker since his shots would become a lot more inaccurate

But again, i dont think this is a good idea

Another way would be to nerf his dmg so it no longer one shots and speed up his weapons so he fires more arrows

It would make more sense to raise his minimal projectile speed or lower his recovery time between arrows

Not like spam tapping his primary is going to be a buff though