Hanzo needs a nerf

That, I understand. However, the damage potential for Hanzo is rarely going to be met. My point is, will that happen in a game? Who is more likely to kill that Winston during a game? The Hanzo that threw to jump into a bubble and try to kill his hard counter, or the Reaper that is doing precisely what he is designed to do? Regardless of my facetious comment, the illustration is simply unrealistic, and holds no water.

More than likely Hanzo… From afar

Except damn near 100% bodyshot accuracy at every ELO against a Tank at Close Range.

just to expand on that here is a coupple of examples with widow hitscan against hitboxes,

in the first one the shot is actually in reapers heart poetic :grin:

In the second one the crosshair isnt anywhere on lucios head.

Its just its way more noticeable with hanzo cause you are looking for it, its happening all the time with all hitscans too its just no one cares and looks for it.

That said im not saying hanzo doesnt have a edge over hitscans in vs hitbox he does its just not as big as people assume.

In the first clip i think the issue was reapers hitbox not just size but it moves and since reaper is tall and was on incline the player was probably looking down to aim my head in the processs they make their head hitbox come down and get head shot even if i my aim was only on their chest.

Yeah I guess hitscans dominating the current meta is just something we are gonna ignore? Come on, tell me you are joking. Hitscans are point and click, it doesn’t get any easier than that lol. I dare anyone in this game regardless of rank to shoot at least 10 bullets with any projectile hero on the game and land every single one while playing like you normally do. It’s not gonna happen, projectiles are not the easiest thing to play.

In a vacuum. You should not be aiming for bodies on a 500 HP target. And if a tank is rushing at you, you’re much better off trying to escape 99% of the time.

If we gotta have half the Hanzo players quit the game permanently, to fix the game. That’s acceptable.

And “More raw firepower than a Bastion Sentry” as as ability is a problem if they wanna lower excessive Sustain elsewhere.

Much less how ranged oneshot characters violate Counterplay Design guidelines, and therefore need additional layers of counterplay.
So why the heck does a ranged oneshot character have 2 powerful “get off me tools”.

A “Glass Cannon” without the “Glass” is bad game design.

Much less having no significant structural changes to ranged oneshot characters, after removing barrier spam, removing offtanks, and removing DPS Doom.

What’s best for the Hanzo player doesn’t matter, if it conflicts with what’s best for the overall game.
And removing barrier spam, only to have people huddled behind a wall half the game, instead of huddled behind a barrier. Isn’t much of an improvement.

Also, If you want Overwatch Positioning choices for be played like a Tactical Shooter. Then there’s a game for that called Valorant. Since 36 of the 39 heroes in the game, are not designed with Tactical Shooter killspeeds.
Overwatch is not a Tactical Shooter game.
Overwatch should not be limited to Tactical Shooter style Positioning Options.
And the people who have a problem with that, are not the target audience for Overwatch.

I don’t think the developers should take some random guy who doesn’t even play the game seriously just because he can quote a few game designers and read a few articles on game design and balance.

Especially when his suggestion is just ‘lose players, no big deal’. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

It would appear you are looking for an echo chamber where everyone agrees with you, seeing as you just replied to a comment you just ignored. Clearly you are not looking for a debate.

Couldn’t be further from the truth.

I’m just basically skipping the overly predictable parts of the conversation. Because I’ve been through this hundreds of times.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/12wi53y/hottake_snipers_are_strangling_playerbase_growth/

Still massive. And yeah, that looks almost volleyball sized to me.

My man it is literally smaller than dva and mercy’s weapons

If that is volleyball sized to you wait till you see literally any other projectile in the game

https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/s/VZZW82PKyd

1 Like

Ana can’t. The issue is random one shots.

Thank god she does not

Yeah I think most projectiles are brokenly oversized too. Love that people respond like thats a big gotcha but no, projs in ow are dumb

I agree please nerf hanzo headshot

It’s not even that big, are you going to tell me than genjis shurikens need to be smaller as well

It’s bigger than Tracer’s skull.

Yea.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/n74nj8/hanzo_arrow_hitbox/

Please refer to the image sizes, you may find that hanzos arrow hitbox is still smaller than tracer’s head

But it would not matter because this must be a troll post if you truly believe all projectiles are too big

By tracer’s head I mean her actual head and not the hitbox.

And yeah. that’s about the size of her skull.

Or yknow the fact that you can miss by almost twice the length of the arrow and win