Hanzo needs a nerf

Im sick of the random headshot. Make Hanzo actually require skill for the headshot not just random 360 fire

11 Likes

So, either increase the arrow hit box to reduce the randomness by increasing forgiveness for a missed shot, therefore technically requiring more skill as a result.

Or increase arrow speed to make him more consistent at longer ranges, therefore more aim reliant and less reliant on the MANY luck factors ALL projectiles share such as “will the enemy move where I aimed my shot”.

Those are the only 2 ways. Either make missed shots less punishing or make him more consistent. Would you rather have his logs or increase his arrow speed from 110-(insert number here)? If you’re asking for a size reduction of one of the smallest projectiles in the game, they would most likely increase the speed by about the same, and the last time they did that was ultimately a buff.

I don’t need to peak higher than plat to know you’ll only hate that Hanzo more.

Teams aren’t even bunched up together anymore and maps are way more open now
Just like with Junkrat people gotta stop blaming spam and either their own movement patterns or just admit the guy aimed it decently

3 Likes

You where just outplayed buddy. It’s okay to admit it. Get stronger, and get back in there.

9 Likes

When a hanzo just turns and shoots
 and oh look HS
 nah bro

every hero can get random headshots, hanzo is just a bit better at it but that doesnt mean he takes no skill

also, define “random”

is it random because you died and now youre upset?

i rarely get actual random headshots, so im questioning the validity of your claims

1 Like

Meaning he just spams down a choke does not aim and gets a HS

Wow congrats bro :tada::clap::clap: :clap: :hugs:

1 Like

How is it random bro when he shoots there repeatedly and you walk into it repeatedly

seems more like 

Do you want it to randomly miss you when you walk into it.

Should we ask Dev’s to code rng into hanzo arrows like Bethesda rpg.games were even if you headshot things won’t die

Should we give you a dice roll

6 Likes

I wish you all had skill to simply stop peeking chokes, Or standing still, or walking in straight lines or getting so close to your team that you literally walk into the arrow. Does it ever occur to you guys that dying to a hanzo is almost no different from a zen spamming his alternate attack? Or a junk combo? Or if you have already taken damage, a random shot from literally any burst damage hero? Hanzo is a projectile hero, in order to properly land those shots and be consistent he has to aim and have you in his reticle. He’s not a beam hero, he doesn’t have auto tracking, his arrows drop after certain distance and he has to predict movement. The arrows are the smallest projectiles in the game.

Nothing annoys me more than people calling certain heroes OP but never actually play them. Try hanzo for yourself, I’m not saying go into quickplay and you get one good game and suddenly you think he’s broken. I mean play at least 50 games in whatever rank you are in and tell me how often you had any value. Tell me how often those random shots kept happening. Ive been playing hanzo for years, and I get random kills at least once every 15 games. Im not gonna lie and say it doesn’t happen, it definitely does but as I explained before, it’s no different than any other high burst damage projectile hero spamming in a general direction. I also want to point out that spamming in high ranks is the worst possible thing you can do on hanzo. People actually know how to chase you down and end you before you shoot a second arrow in GM. You have to be pin point and do sneaky plays to get any value on hanzo. The second you miss a shot, you better believe everyone is diving you.

7 Likes

You just can’t

You’re standing in one place with a sonar next to you, and you complain about projectile hero requiring no skill

3 Likes

See when people see this clip they won’t praise widow but talk how predictable enemy players are.

Replace widow with hanzo they will say hanzo was lucky

2 Likes

Exactly, widow is literally point and click. But hey “she has 175 hp so shes fair”. Even in Gm right now, facing a good widow is miserable. You literally cant play anything other than sombra, genji to an extent or another widow, your tanks have to switch to dive tanks or barriers to help kill a pocket widow. Hanzo is nowhere near as oppressive as widow, heck you can actually walk out of spawn and know the hanzo will most likely 99% of the time not one shot you across the map.

4 Likes

They are so excited to get LW spread reduced, Illari ult buffed, zen right click spammed and getting 1 shots, kirki two tapp head crits, bap jumping like a clown and while hh and kills you before he hits the ground, Moira no aim long distance right click with dmg orb, Brig :skull_and_crossbones: :skull_and_crossbones:, and Ana with 2m controller aim assist on her shots.
But Hanzo as a projectile DPS needs to do less damage and needs to be nerfed because he requires no skill.
You just can’t

3 Likes

What people need to realize is this is probably the most balanced Hanzo will ever be, and as a “feast or famine” character, there’s basically no in between. Either he’ll be stupidly broken with all the changes people don’t realize they’re asking for, like reducing his arrow size by 50% most likely resulting in a 40-50% speed buff, or another aspect of his playstyle gets shot through the roof. I know you’ve read several of my posts on the matter, but which would you say would be more broken at your rank?

Basic changes like so:

Or reworks like so:

Which would you say is more broken? Did I miss anything?

2 Likes

If you play enough, fluke shots will be more frequent.

Admittedly, there are favor the shooter mechanics in this game, but not as egregious as some claim.

No, hanzo is absolutely fine as he is. His ult needs buff if something. Hate to be that guy, but this is a skill issue.

1 Like

1shot should be removed entirely

Make the arrow much smaller and increase the project speed to improve consistency at range. Add damage drop off so he can’t one shot past a certain range because if a high powered sniper rifle has drop off, a bow should as well.

1 Like

Hanzo needs big bubble floating around him with “Im lucky noob” written on it.