Hanzo needs a nerf NOW 💀

Current storm arrow is better in every way shape and form and if you’ve played enough hanzo hitting the button can almost 100% net you a kill

1 Like

Oh definitely. Sadly, my Hanzo game has been off, so I’m lucky to hit anyone, let alone get a kill. :confused:

I meant to reply to this sooner.
I’ve had an idea brewing to balance Storm Arrows without removing headshots.
What they should have done is gave Storm Arrows a minimum range threshold for damage. Meaning within a certain distance, say at 4m Storm Arrow only does 20 damage, and the damage ramps up the further your target is away.

This keeps Storm Arrow as a mid range ability, and not a mini gatling gun at close range.

1 Like

jesus, you guys remember the names of the weapons? I have no idea what peacekeeper is and i have over 1000 hours on the game.

One thing that should be changed about this though is the size. It was either Jeff or Geoff that spoke about this but currently his arrows are tied for smallest projectile in the game with Genji’s shuriken.

because all other DPS are not as reliable. with the current meta, it is hard to find an opponent that IS NOT receiving any amount of healing, protection, or resistance. so players are more likely to choose a hero that can actually overwhelm all of the HPS and armor going around.

Yes I covered that further in the post :yum:
He’s able to protect himself against dive with the added mobility. That doesn’t help

This is what happens when they buff literally ALL of his weaknesses.

5 Likes

I feel like heroes are supposed to have their weaknesses. McCree? Barriers. DVA? Big crit box. Doomfist? Hurling himself towards his targets is inherently risky. Winston? Short Range, not protected while leaping.

So here we have Hanzo. And what are his weaknesses now? He has no weakness other than the fact that he can’t heal himself.

4 Likes

Weakness used to include short range where his damage was unreliable and difficult to aim and he was quite often forced to rely on 12 second cd to kill bigger targets like winston before dying himself. Zero mobility besides wallclimb and slows down when drawing his bow too.

Now he has far more reliable arrows, far more reliable and bursty cooldown too often, on average 3-4k more damage making him top 4 most damaging heroes in the game and in GM only beaten by bastion, a whole new disengage ability on cd if close range is still giving him problems plus mobility tool on a shorter cooldown than dive tank mobility tools and he can shoot his bow while leaping around.

What counters Hanzo anymore? Another Hanzo is not enough, it’s the tracer syndrome all over again except hanzo is even easier to use overall. Snipers need to have more counters than countersnipers, like dive tanks.

4 Likes

He is the best DPS at every range for every job, and it isn’t just storm arrow. His regular fire and short lunge cooldown are bigger problems imo.

my point is that if they nerf hanzo too much without also considering an alternative (specifically improving other DPS or balancing HPS output), than thats just going to add one more useless DPS to the list who cant overwhelm the massive amounts of HPS, armor, and protection this meta benefits from. i agree, hanzo is overtuned, but right now, he is the only reliable pick to play the DPS role in this meta. in general, i dont think he is the only one to blame.

sure, if hanzo were weaker, than genji, winston, tracer, and D.VA would be more effective counters against him, but what else would they be good for in this meta?

She got nerfed and people started realised that the players saying “just keep out of her range” were actually right and did exactly that.
And now all the Hanzo mains in denial about how strong their hero is no longer have a scapegoat (‘b-but Brigitte j-just makes all his c-counters unplayable! He’s a-actually perfectly b-balanced’).

This is why snipers have no place in a fast paced FPS, they’re either useless or too strong and generally slow down the overall pace of the game.
Hanzo and Widow were mistakes.

3 Likes

100% agree with this (had a similar idea myself!)

Snipers should have a short-range penalty (Widow’s assault rifle is reasonably weak) just like most other heroes have damage fall-off (so they’re not snipers).

By allowing Hanzo to do both, his weakness is greatly reduced.

3 Likes

The best dps at every range? Bruh rofl nah

Yes, he is. I’m sorry if people down in Silver are missing shots, and make your perception of Hanzo twisted, compared to the rest of the playerbase, but just turn on a random Overwatch stream, and you’ll see Hanzo dominating the game easily.

Also “Bruh rofl nah” isn’t a valid argument.

5 Likes

Rank shaming ain’t a valid argument either hon. If widow loses the long range fight vs hanzo, it’s a bad widow. If a McCree or reaper or Brigitte or any other cqc dps loses in cqc consistently, they’re bad. Mid-range is his spot.

He doesn’t have any penalties close engage besides being slowed down a bit drawing his bow. At short range he doesn’t suffer from looking through a scope and throwing off his peripherals. A single headshot at point blank with an arrow is actually pretty easy to pull off, especially with Storm Arrow.
Long range Widow has the advantage of hit scan, but Hanzo’s arrows are so bloody fast now it hardly matters.

Mid range is his strength, true, but he excels at all ranges, whereas most heroes have drawbacks at different ranges. Hanzo is good at everything right now, you have to see that

1 Like

I am sorry I had to rank shame you, it’s not something I usually do. Let’s say your poor argument made me do a poor choice. My argument about Hanzo not being balanced, is that I barely play any Hanzo, never have. I’ve invested a lot hours into Soldier and Widow, but still, when I pick Hanzo, I do better than on Soldier or Widow. When I play Hanzo:

I can easily win a 1v1 with a Genji in short range. Same with Winston

I can easily win a 1v1 with Soldier/McCree in mid range. (They’re supposed to be strong there btw)

I can easily spam arrows to where Widow is peaking, and I’ll eventually headshot her, while I also get to have more mobility while shooting, than she does, while scoped.

This is personal experience. And again, Hanzo is not even in my top15 most played heroes. But when I pick him, I just turn games, unlike my best picks.

2 Likes

Don’t try to excuse yourself. And btw if you check out emongg’s stream rn, although both teams have hanzo, genji is doing about twice the work from what I see so far.