Hanzo isn’t balanced

Overwatch 2 will release before I ever play Hanzo.

he shouldn’t get a buff just because he’s being nerfed. his damage is too much for what he does. he dominates at close range because of his storm arrows and his panic shots and he can still one shot across the map because he has 0 damage drop off. he’s too much and needs to be toned down

3 Likes

The most problem is that he is Also good on close range and against shields

1 Like

Let’s hope this 27th darling, after all they have only this day for do an experimental this month :sweat_smile: with Mc Cree of course :cowboy_hat_face::no_entry_sign:

At that point isn’t just fair to give him a range limit for the one shots?

1 Like

if they haven’t nerfed him by now they never will

1 Like

Never say never, there’s always hope, just some faith :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I will be the first to confess that hanzo is more difficult to actually perform well with than I feel most give credit for, despite my personal complaints about the focus and nature of his kit

But I will also confess that I don’t feel it’s all that “uncommon” to get pure “random” headshots- let alone only 1 a game.

Imma terrible hanzo player- but I have minimal problem plopping arrows at “roughly head height” at a choke- and getting headshots on people I’m not particularly aiming at.

The size of the arrow, combined with the size of player hitboxes, and the general nature of just spamming projectiles like that at targets like that- it’s bound to happen.

1 Like

He does if the nerf would be more significant than what he actually needs. Touching his primary consistency would be enormous because he’s already very inconsistent. Further decreases would be exponentially harsh because he can very easily go from mediocre consistency to doing nothing at all unless extremely lucky. There needs to be some level of reliability on his primary or picking him would be pointless.

What he needs is a revert on his storm arrows, he was fine performance wise before they were touched. Lets take the feelings out of this and actually look at performance.

3 Likes

No because he should be a sniper. Do the opposite; make his projectile speed faster so long range shots are actually in his hands and skill based. Then nerf his storm arrows to like maybe 2 or 3, nerf the fire rate a little so he can’t do so much damage in so little time, then he’ll be balanced.

If you take away his sniper role completely then what is his niche?

3 Likes

Midrange? More like Cree.
Plus i didn’t say to take away his sniping abilities but to give him a 195 dmg arrow starting from some long distances for example. He would still oneshot in midrange where he is used most of the time anyway

1 Like

If Hanzo is supposed to be a sniper who 1 shots then his mobility should be on a double cooldown and his storm arrows shouldn’t even exist. He should be an alternative choice to Widow, not a superior pick.

1 Like

Yes this is what he should’ve been. But they instead added more to his kit and took away what he should’ve been good at - sniping.

But I wouldn’t really call him a better widow at all

What Hanzo do you fight? The Hanzo I know has easily the most unwieldy gun in the game. Hanzo certainly can’t one shot most of the roster with little effort.

Ok, I’m joking. I know you got a random arrow in the dome and came on here to rant. It’s got nothing to do with balance.

3 Likes

I bet you can’t land a single headshot with him

5 Likes

The reason Hanzo stands out a bit more is because it’s much harder to tell if they player is good or lucky. When it comes to a proj hero like junkrat you can clearly tell in the replay if they are just lucky, it’s a bit harder to do with hanzo. The fact that the hitboxes for the heroes is MUCH larger than they look does not help.

Takes more effort than widow and ashe but ok

Ever since the arrow speed nerf reliably hitting headshots on purpose is definitely a good deal harder than most heroes.

I’d like to point out that Hanzo’s arrow size is one of the smallest projectile hitboxes in the game, as stated by the Devs and independently confirmed by our fellow OW nerds.

2 Likes

Depends if you’re spamming chokes or not.

That dev quote has been debunked already. Ana’s unscoped shot is the smallest projectile in the game.