Hanzo isn’t balanced

What Hanzo do you fight? The Hanzo I know has easily the most unwieldy gun in the game. Hanzo certainly can’t one shot most of the roster with little effort.

Ok, I’m joking. I know you got a random arrow in the dome and came on here to rant. It’s got nothing to do with balance.

3 Likes

I bet you can’t land a single headshot with him

5 Likes

The reason Hanzo stands out a bit more is because it’s much harder to tell if they player is good or lucky. When it comes to a proj hero like junkrat you can clearly tell in the replay if they are just lucky, it’s a bit harder to do with hanzo. The fact that the hitboxes for the heroes is MUCH larger than they look does not help.

Takes more effort than widow and ashe but ok

Ever since the arrow speed nerf reliably hitting headshots on purpose is definitely a good deal harder than most heroes.

I’d like to point out that Hanzo’s arrow size is one of the smallest projectile hitboxes in the game, as stated by the Devs and independently confirmed by our fellow OW nerds.

2 Likes

Depends if you’re spamming chokes or not.

That dev quote has been debunked already. Ana’s unscoped shot is the smallest projectile in the game.

That is a Geoff Goodman quote there, not some community manager who barely knows anything about the inner workings of the game.

This table corroborates Goodman’s info.

1 Like

Okay. It’s still wrong. Everyone can make mistakes. Geoff is a human like every other person.

I’m skeptical about your claim without any corroborating evidence. However, even if it has been convincingly shown that Ana’s dart is even smaller, it is not mutually exclusive with the statement that Hanzo’s arrows have one of the smallest projectile sizes in the game.

1 Like

It may not be “huge” but it doesn’t have to be big to have a huge effect. The impact it often has when it actually hits a headshot is much greater than almost any other projectile in the game, and some head hitboxes are pretty big on top of that.

If you’re comparing projectiles that just outright kill players, it’s no contest. Hanzo obviously wins that comparison. It doesn’t matter if almost any other stray projectile hits a player, it won’t kill them from full health without help. The only other projectile that does this is Roadhog’s alt fire and he requires a pretty specific distance away from the target (around 9 to 13 meters). If one projectile hits one player’s head that isn’t Roadhog’s or Hanzo’s, no big deal, they’re not dead from full health.

Me personally, what I dislike the most is that he never has to reload. Sure his fire rate is slow, and it would make little real-world sense with a quiver of arrows, but man do I get salty when I compare him with Pharah. And he gets a machinegun mode thrown in cuz why not

1 Like

Your hitbox is fat. The hitbox on his arrows are the smallest in the game.

As a hanzo player myself, I can say, there are two sides to this - Yes, having no falloff and a fast fire rate, means if you know where to spam, you do get lucky shots sometimes from long range, but he is not really a sniper. He’s mid range, his shots are inconsistent at long range, even if you’ve got cracked aim.

Right in your face, he’s deadly, but so is reaper.

But getting those mid range head shots, it’s not as easy as some might think - it’s all about reading the movement of the enemy, catching them mid animation etc . . . . His arrow speed is dependant on bow charge level, AND there is gravity fall to think about. Believe me when I say there is a lot of calculation goes into getting sick shots at mid range.

I agree, when it comes to spamming chokes, that really is low skill high reward, but while there is luck to hanzo, particuarly on defence on chokes, there is also a heck of a lot of skill to be consistant on every map. How many pharah mains here see a hanzo and think “I’d better switch off” Head shotting a pharah? That’s not an easy shot to pull off.

Don’t compare Hanzo with Reaper, Hanzo can destroy any tank or squishy from more than 10 meters and with “Spam arrows” he can do a nice 350 without any effort, Reaper instead needs to be 1 meter from his target for do “maybe” a headshot to a 200 hp hero and the spread is not good even with the buff of February, of the 20 bullets per shot 12 hits the target, only with tanks this works, specialy after the damage nerf you NEED to aim for the head if you want to do something with him :sweat_smile::ghost::heart:

2 Likes

The whole hero is just one big lucky shot.

I hate it.

1 Like

Yeah i respect more Ash and Widowmaker mains, at least they are more fair than Hanzo :ok_hand:

1 Like

Widow has to use her Ult to know when you are about to quickly peep your head out and check if the cost is clear unlike x ray vision on tap (sonic arrow). putting pressure on a hanzo and diving him is way more scary than on a widow - at least in lower tiers - and in higher tiers the widow has to be really skilled without spam on tap.

Frankly a death from any sniper feels cheap, but hanzo somehow feels cheaper. I’d rather die from a soldier who at least has to put his neck on the line and be closer to the fight.

2 Likes

Just give Hanzo a reverse falloff mechanic- there he’s balanced. No more bs barrel stuffing (bow stuffing?) headshots of panic. Plus it actually gives him a reason to have leap and storm arrows- to save it if an enemy gets close; not to give him free shield spam.

(Plus would a damage reduction on sonic be too much to ask for? I know it’s a non issue but a: that thing is blunt as hell, and b: for such insane utility it also gets full damage and kill potential. Let’s make hanzos actually think about what they’re doing pls)

1 Like

The entire shimada clan including their father is broken, it’s not just hanzo